Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about getting parts for my JSPEC V6 2.0. Its a 92 Japanese 2nd Gen MX-6. The engine type is KF and is 1995cc. I've been looking on the net alot for basic parts and accessories (i.e. plug wires, air intakes, lowering springs) and all the sites that I have been to list MX-6 parts for the 2.5L V6. I have yet to find one site that actually specifies 2.0L v6. All the 2.0 options as far as parts go are for 4cyl. Would the 2.5L v6 parts also fit my car?? I dont want to spend any kind of money on anything unless I know it would fit my car. I could get them here in Japan but things on the net are way cheaper than here. I live at an APO address so shipping is US Mail. Even paying USPS is cheaper on the net than I've been able to find here. Plus the language barrier is another factor when it comes to asking for a specific part since I dont speak Japanese. Well, if anyone can help on this it would be much appreciated..Thanks

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Have you checked with maybe UK-spec MX-6s? Maybe the 2.0L six was available there, and they should speak the language. If it's a KF, I'm not sure if the parts would interchange, since ours are KL's. I've never seen even pictures of the 2.0L six.

Tyson
95 LS

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
The 2.0L MX6 was never available over here in UK.

However, the Xedos6 (Eunos500 in Australia etc) uses the same engine.

CAI, plug leads and other generic stuff will fit right off as the engine is very similar to the 2.5L with a long-neck intake same as the KLZE.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
How hard is the engine swap with the 2.0 onto an I4?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would presume it would be easy if you have a ton of money and alot of professional help, but I would buy a LS model and be done with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts