Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Am i right in thinking ( observing ) that the engine in that car is the higher power spec (198) ??? the AIR Intake manifold has the longer NECK ?? ... He states its a UK car, but i thought the higher bhp motor was in the j-spec's ? .. confused .. i am ... or totally wrong !

anyone else ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
what lights are thouse i know there not the j-specs are thouse the stock lights 6s came with in uk? if so how much are they couse im kinda likin them

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
By looking at it the best i can i would say its a uk spec! It has the indercaters where the uk spec has its indercaters,the j specs are in a different place i belive,
Yep sik6 there there standard UK lights on an mx6 mate, not sure of cost thou, iam sure someone will tell you the cost thou or find out by posting on the main forum"how much do UK spec lights cost"

Cheers

Stu

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
okay,

Not knowing the diferences between the j-spec and UK light configuration, the BODY is obviously UK ... but going back to the engine.... that inlet maniflold deffo has a longer alloy neck.. i have looked at the pictures posted on here of our motors to compare.. and i was under the impression that you could instantly recognise a higher spec engine by this... :confused: if i am right ( thats my main question) were there UK cars built with the higher spec engines or has this power plant been installed afterwards ? is the mileage quoted, for the engine sat in it ? see where i am going ? the FULL service history may not be for the engine sat in it :(
Most of all.. i was just wondering if i was correct in my assumption that the engine was the higher spec and that, yes, you can tell the difference by the inlet manifold ?

Mr Bumble :smokin:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, it's definitely a JSPEC inlet manifold.
I wonder if the rest of the engine matches - and I wonder if he knows? })

Looks like it's got cruise control too.

Ken

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ken,

It would have cruise control if it's a UK spec, in '92 cruise was standard (I've got it on mine)

Will

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Thx for that Ken.. thought i was going mad for while then :freak:

and like you say .. does he know it ?!?! i may have to keep an eye on the price of this one .. been looking for a manual j-spec for a while now .. FOR ME .. so i dont have to beg Mrs Bumble if i can go out in her's :(

BTW Ken .. i ordered one of those CAI's from the same place you got yours..... he ran with my money and quite a few others !! :eek: EBAY and Paypal where a waste of time trying to get my $97 back ... oh well ..

MR Bumble :smokin:

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bumble said:
i may have to keep an eye on the price of this one ..
Unfortunately the auction ended without the car reaching it's reserve price. It may be worth contacting the seller.

BTW Ken .. i ordered one of those CAI's from the same place you got yours..... he ran with my money and quite a few others !! :eek: EBAY and Paypal where a waste of time trying to get my $97 back ... oh well ..
Bummer. :(
No wonder he's not answering my emails - I wanted to get another that I could cut down and use as a shorter intake. Bad luck Bumble, sounds like I was lucky then...

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts