Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 LS with the factory alarm. I bought the car used, so I am not sure if it has a clicker to arm it or not. My guess is it doesn't because it is not mentioned in the car manual from the glove box. Whenever I arm it now, it will not disarm when I unlock the door. I have to pop the hood and remove the battery cable to get it to stop. It just started to do this. That's a real pain in the butt! I do not lock my car up since it automatically arms itself and it is embaressing to pop the hood to turn it off. A Probe friend suggested that I need to get the clicker. Does our car use a clicker and what else can I check out to find out what is wrong with my alarm system. I don't like leaving my car vulnerable like this.

Xeon

·
Registered
283 Posts
well bro welcome to the world of hell. I have a 93 v6 mx6 and i had the same problem going to the hood to disconnect the battery in embrassment i had it, there is no clicker ofr our alrm and its a pain in the ass to disconnect you have to find the wires that the alarm connects too look in the door or around for it and you have to cut them i will ask my dad more about this cause he is a mechanic and he did it for me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It makes me feel better that I am not the only one. I looked in my crutchfield catalog and I think they have a model that plugs into the factory alarm wiring. It has some nice features such as door unlock, window roll up/down, etc. I am wondering if I put this unit in would I potentially still experience the problems with the factory unit?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yo, check this. In stead of poping your hood and disconnecting the batery, just use your key to open your trunk. I have a similar problem, I live in Utah, and my locks freeze shut all the time. I did the hood thing for a while, but then my dad taught me a way better way!! Try it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
check out passenger side lock as well

Try the trunk and also the passenger side lock as well. I found a 30A fuse you can easily yank and push back in which will cut the siren, it's in the engine compartment fuse block and it's one of the box type fuses in the second row. I can tell you exactly which one tommorrow. I had to jimmy my door open yesterday as someone (me) had locked the keys in the ignition... how easy! 1st try with a coat hanger and the door was open, a matter of 10 seconds... I need to fix that problem! That's when I found the fuse in the engine and yanked it and put it back in place. evrything was ok after...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I will have to try the trunk thing and if that still does not work at least I know I can pull a fuse and not open my trunk to get to the pliers to pull the cable. I need to figure out why it is doing this. I use the lever to open my trunk normally, but I will try using my key.

·
Registered
416 Posts
alarm

i too have had this problem, but it seems that the alarms only activate when you lock the drivers door with your key instead of just pushing the lock...also, hust open the passenger door and the alarm turns off with no problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts