Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, i finally had a chance to race my brother again.

my mods are in my sig and he has an 03 Si with full '06 type s swap(k20z1),RBC intake manifold,AEM v2 cai/h/e, udp, type r flywheel, s2 clutch....and kpro which he swapped ecus after the first two races.

my wins:
-we started at 60mph and we both took off, i had a 1/2 car lead thru 3rd and 4th. by the time i hit 5th gear i was ahead by a bumper. we shut down.

-we starded at 40mph and we both took off, i pulled slowly thru 2nd,3rd,4th and by the time i hit 120 in 5th, i was 1.5 cars ahead.

........both runs were on his stock ecu.

his wins:
-40 w/kpro: he pulled good thru 2nd,3rd,4th. and had 1.5 cars on me. we shut down at end of 4th at around 110. it seems like i held on all thru 2nd but once he went into 3rd, he pulled harder. its strange how those k series motors pull in 3rd gear.

-60 w/krpo: he pulled again thru 3rd,4th,5th and he had 1.5 cars on me by 120.

overall im impressed on how my car performed.

he was to, and was disapointed on how he did. he expected to pull more on me w/kpro.

i expected the outcomes to be exactly how it was with kpro, but i thought he would hold the lead with his stock ecu....but didint.

im waiting on my probinator to come in and try that. hopefully it helps. then we hit the track. im lookin to hit high 14s or if im lucky, 14.7<thats my goal on my de.

my last run was 15.0 on stock clutch/flwhl no port matched spacers. this time ill have s2 clutch/flywhl and probinator.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
interesting...

I drive a 100% stock 06 SI. Its a fun car, and the motors are great. I can't wait to tune the ECU a little bit and I/H/E :)
im aiming for 200whp... And with those mods, people have been getting anywhere from 200-210 whp depending on the temperature/conditions.

I really want to find an mx6 with some mods (prefferably a ZE) and see how the SI does, since i haven't had a chance when i had my mx6.

Not sure if elevation affects your times either. But it seems that the civic should be faster for sure. Specially with Kpro. Stock SIs usually trap low 15s (and is his Si model lighter than the 06 style?), but good drivers have hit 14.6 completely stock. Mind you, you guys were running from a roll.

Get on the track with him, see what he runs ;) That would be fun. Good kills, and deaths :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Stock SIs usually trap low 15s (and is his Si model lighter than the 06 style?), but good drivers have hit 14.6 completely stock. Mind you, you guys were running from a roll.

What year SI are you talking about? Any SI before 2006 were SLOW! They only ran high 15's stock. I never lost to one stock for stock. The new ones from 06 and up will run low 15's stock and even high 14's with a really good driver. His bro has an 03 so I can see him beating it or running right with it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
they are not thats slow dude i got my ass handed to me by one yesterday,i only have a de with cams, mounts and i/h/e and i still lost by a car and a half he had a i/e and a mild tune
Stock SIs usually trap low 15s (and is his Si model lighter than the 06 style?), but good drivers have hit 14.6 completely stock. Mind you, you guys were running from a roll.

What year SI are you talking about? Any SI before 2006 were SLOW! They only ran high 15's stock. I never lost to one stock for stock. The new ones from 06 and up will run low 15's stock and even high 14's with a really good driver. His bro has an 03 so I can see him beating it or running right with it.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

yes..
but he has the 06+ K20 motor in his older style SI, PLUS bolt ons, and quite a few of them.
IE: low 15 second motor in a car that may or may not be around the same weight....

I was just saying that if that particular Si is lighter than the later models (8th gens) and it has a more powerful motor, then he should be FASTER than a stock 06+ SI which usually nets low 15s...

the K20 in the 03 SI is a totally different motor than the K20 in the 06+

and as i said, get them both on the track to race each other and compare times. That's the best way.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thanks for the posts,

he has an 03 Si with "type-s" k20z1(201hp 05-06)(similar to k20a2 type-s-02-04)

motor swap and 6sp trans and bolt ons mentioned. with out hte kpro-meaning: stock type s ecu and bolt ons, i beat him. and with kpro, i lost. i noticed our cars have better low end pwr.

that gen si's were lighter, im sure about 27-2800and the new si's are around 2900 lbs. not much though. still good races.

now that i got my xtreme ecu and installing my ze cams within the next couple weeks, id like to see the outcome of the two of us with his kpro. he might still beat me though, but if i can keep up closer id be happy.

ill try to get a vid posted next time we race, but not sure how im gonna do it being only one in car.

·
Registered
527 Posts
have you ever ran your car at the track? if so, what is your 1/4 mile time and trap?

they are not thats slow dude i got my ass handed to me by one yesterday,i only have a de with cams, mounts and i/h/e and i still lost by a car and a half he had a i/e and a mild tune

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my last track time is in my sig, after i install my ze cams ill be going again, so with the intake, cams, ecu, clutch/flywhl, i should do better. plus its cooler this time of year so i should surley see an improvement over last. i ran a 15.0-not corrected, if it was corrected, id be like at 14.8, i already checked.

ill see, hope i do good on my de with new mods. i still need a cat but dont know if itll help. if it helps at least a half a tenth sec, then its worth it. if not then im not too worried about it.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
my last track time is in my sig, after i install my ze cams ill be going again, so with the intake, cams, ecu, clutch/flywhl, i should do better. plus its cooler this time of year so i should surley see an improvement over last. i ran a 15.0-not corrected, if it was corrected, id be like at 14.8, i already checked.

ill see, hope i do good on my de with new mods. i still need a cat but dont know if itll help. if it helps at least a half a tenth sec, then its worth it. if not then im not too worried about it.
well, most of the time, a half a tenth of a second can be made up by driving just an ounce better...

but you are running decent times man, 15.0 is respectable with a DE/ZE hybrid. I didn't even hit 15.0 witha full ZE swap lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, that was jsut with the ze im, and stock cat,ecu,clutch/flywhl. now i have ecu,clutch/flywhl, and ze cams. so well see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts