Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wrecked my mx6 last weekend, someone ran me off the road in really dense fog and I couldn't see the fence that I hit. I was going 30 mph, but it bounced from a ditch to the fence, the car was coming head on my side of the road.

Anyways the problem is the font end of my mx6 is warped, just need a paint job and touch up the rest, but I need to know what all frame types would be applicable on it. Because I can't find any mx6's around me locally that I could use for it. I can't buy a new car because of money right now, but I don't want to spend as much money as it would take to get another car.

It's a 1993 Mx6 LS. I would really appreciate any help :( lol

Oh and btw, here are some pics, sorry bout not posting them first

ImageShack® - spinevane27's images

the images are kinda large so I didn't want to post them here and slow the webpage down or anything.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
By warped, do you mean the frame, or..? And you didn't call the insurance company, or anyone? If the frame is warped, it could get pretty pricey... If you just mean the body panels, hell, I'd go to a junk yard and pull some new ones, or pay a member to go to one, pull them, and send them to you perhaps?

I'm sorry about that happening, best of luck to ya in fixing it. :tup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't call the insurance company, I only have liability insurance on my car. It happened on saturday, I just got done watching football at my friends house... and the car that ran me off the road just kept driving on. So it being college football night, I'm pretty sure they were hammered.

And yea, we have a family mechanic if you will, good friend to us. He said the front of the frame was warped. If there's another model like mine then we could just use that frame instead... but it would be pretty rare to find one that we could buy cheap.

lol I'm not really sure what to do. I'm just glad to be here right now and hopefully something will come up.

Looking back on my first post I'm not even sure what I was asking. But if anyone could think of something I would be grateful.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i'm picking up a 2nd gen mx6 in the next couple weeks and pulling the motor and body panels off for my own usage and I was just gonna send the rest to scrap i'd give it to you for a very small price but you live really far and I dont think you would want to come pick it up lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right man, sorry bout that. I got them up now. In the first post.
I was told that the radiator is pushed up and back and I can't pop the hood open.. of course, I'm not going to try and force it either.
I bought the car in July of 2005, when I just turned 16, so it's my first car.
I'd like for it to be fixed, but I'm not going to spend more money then the car is worth right now. The paint was fading/chiping off, clear coat started coming off after I bought it and now it could really use one lol
Also... as you can see the right mirror is... missing

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
hey sorry about what happened, but all i can suggest is that you post some pics with the hood of the car lifted so members can see the degree of damage to the internals and front of the car in a better angle. but good luck to you and glad youre ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts