Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a 93 MX-6 with 95k miles on it but I heard that year has electrical problems. Has anyone who owns one had any major electrical problems and is it expensive to fix? Is it worth buying? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What electrical problems. Mine has never had any.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had a mechanic tell me that same thing before I bought my 6. I started to believe him until he recomended I get a Volkswagon Jetta as a reliable car, lol.

There aren't any real electrical problems except for the disty problem, which I never had. Many V6 Mx-6's have had faulty distributors that would stall out the car under hard conditions, hard acceleration, etc. I have heard the cost to fix this problem to be around $500.

Just be safe and have a mechanic do a full diagnostics test done before you buy any car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93 electricals

I have a 93 RS, and my sister has a 93 LS, and besides the paint (mine ruby micah, her's jade micah) oxidizing, we've had ZERO problems of any kind with both cars. I think she had to replace a wheel bearing, but she drives the hell out of her car in downtown atlanta... Just find somebody who you think will be in tears when they sell their car, and you'll know they took care of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts