Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight me in my 93' MX-6 (with intake, exaust, and stage 2 clutch) and my buddy with his Si (with intake, header, exaust, and camgears) went out cruzin to race. When we raced I always beat him off the line but when he hit 2nd gear he always pulled. I think that the only thing that helps Civic's is V-tech. Without V-tech they suck ass. But one time when we did race from 2nd gear I took him after that and kinda won :p
Overall I think that Civics suck-ass.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
i had a similar experience with a civic one night, except i flattened him off the line, and pulled on him. no competition.

now, i wont say they suck ass, they just need an improvement in engine performance for better starts and higher speeds...

i wouldnt trade my mx-6 for the fastest civic in the world now... dont get me wrong, i love my car, but i'm neutral in other cars... if its what floats you boat... then so be it.
for me, my water is the mx-6!

-meaty

·
Registered
376 Posts
i would trade my 1988 car for a 2000 car anyday and i would love to race both of you guys i never under stood when people say they beat certain car by 4 and 5 car lenths the only way i see a mx6 raping a si or a type r or a gsr is if its a turbo model and the boost is turned up but besides that i think it all on the driver most of the times we are talking about with good drivers are from are 14.8 to 15.3 that to close to call and thats not 4 to 5 car lenths

·
Registered
352 Posts
2point3 said:
i never under stood when people say they beat certain car by 4 and 5 car lenths the only way i see a mx6 raping a si or a type r or a gsr is if its a turbo model and the boost is turned up but besides that i think it all on the driver most of the times we are talking about with good drivers are from are 14.8 to 15.3 that to close to call and thats not 4 to 5 car lenths
Well for one not everyone is a good driver, and two not everyone drives a manual. So thats how you can easily beat a car by several car lengths.

Also what puts a Type-R and GSR in the same league as a Si?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
yes

I think so.. your talkin roughly 160-170 hp each, but the six is kickin a lot more torque.. weighs a little more but has enough torque to pull it good.. (im guessing an american SI is the same as a canadian SIR 160HP Vtec)
Either way if they are lets say equal drivers, then the 6 will win everytime.. stock for stock or equal mods

LAtes...:)

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you go by the numbers preludes should rape the mx6 all day long but i know for a fact that most ludes cannot beat an mx6 and have seen it with my own eyes at least 15 to 20 times those numbers really dont mean $hit to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rufnek
Your full of shit
I can take you any time in my MX-6.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
pfft!

The only time I ever lost to a civic was when I had a slipping clutch.. and thats the only time any shitvic will have a chance against a 6. I eat civics all day long and I dont even have any huge performance gaining mods, just a few control mods..

Daensh: if he starts to pull on you in second like you say.. than you obviously arent driving your six correctly.. youre not shifting either properly or fast enough. you need to reline 1st and shift damn fast into second inorder to come out at the top of your powerband in second gear.. this is the most difficult shift with our trannys and the most effective if done right..

LAtes...:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Civics suck ass.
My MX-6 will take any of you guys.
What
Bring it.
@-

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Civics suck ass.
What
Bring it.
@-
@- @- @- @- @- :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Its easy to talk $hit and brag over a message board i wish a couple of yall were in houston. So we could line them up and really see who is telling the truth and who is running their mouth. There has to be a couple of fast 6's in houston?})

·
Registered
325 Posts
Danesh90 said:
Civics suck ass.
What
Bring it.
@-
@- @- @- @- @- :(
...if you say so. my boy josh has a daily driven 527 whp '93 civic hatch. of course, he dropped $27k on his engine and T-66 turbo, but i promise, you wouldn't want to rev on him. but he respects my mx6. he doesn't talk riceboy trash just cause he knows he can whoop my ass. you only get repsect if you give it, so don't say dumb shit like that please.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
pfft

A waste of 27k thats for sure... why soup up an economy car like that? Id rather drop the coin on souping up a rx7, or at least something else that would be worthy of that amount of money :)

Lates...:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My cousin has a civic si and i race him all the time. He couldnt beat mine if his life depended on it. im not sayin civics are crap cause they are fast, but some 6's are faster.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.