Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering ways going on wit any car....everything runs good, motor is from Japan, shifting in automatic at 6k rpm...pretty new to cars so I've got many ideas but no confirmation till i try diagnostics...curious if anyone's got some opinion on what i might be able to do or not..?

Thanks, anything helps, just bought the car and had way more issues then the seller told me about..with was no issues to 1300in repairs so far....but... I loves my baby lol...

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Hi Welcome to the board

If you are really saying that while you drive and the car tries to shift gears, but it "hesitates" and doesn't shift on its own till around 6000rpm, then yes you have a problem.

Being ATX, you need to check the colour of your ATX fluid. Under the hood is a red top dip stick to the right of the airbox filter. Pull it out and tell us what colour the fluid is?

Is is red, brown or black?

Chances are your atx (automatic transmision) fluid if getting old and worn out, and you will need a FULL flush. probably will cost about $150 bucks. Worst case you transmission is shot, but we can deal with that later.

Also, take this one step further - try to pull ATX codes from the computer. Follow this link, all you need is a paper clip and to watch the hold button and see if it flashes. Post your results

Follow the instructions on this page. 1993-1997 Probe & MX-6 Maintenance

Congrats on the purchase, I own an ATX as well so help is here!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts