Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
You have to be sure the paper clip jump makes a good connection at those 2 terminals in the code box. If not, then the engine light will just stay on. You may need to try it a few times until the codes start flashing.

Getting back to your original problem of battery starting to drain......if it started after you got the fuse back in your radio....maybe something is not hooked up correctly and the power is being drained all the time......you may want to remove the fuse for awhile, as you correct these other issues

·
Registered
21 Posts
Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes (PDTCs) are very similar to regular Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). However, unlike regular DTCs, they cannot be reset by disconnecting the vehicle's battery or cleared using an On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) scan tool these codes can only be cleared by doing the repairs needed

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes (PDTCs) are very similar to regular Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). However, unlike regular DTCs, they cannot be reset by disconnecting the vehicle's battery or cleared using an On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) scan tool these codes can only be cleared by doing the repairs needed
Well I put the jumper wire in and got no codes at all, my check engine light just comes on and off, never stays on, but when you accelerate hard it comes on for a minute then goes off,reason I know that as I figured it out on my way to Florida 2 years ago. Thanks, I don't know much about these cars, but I have 2 now and have had 2 in the past ,am trying to put distributor in my 93 LS 2.5 litre v6 now, but it's a slow process as I am disabled, but I have all the tools anyone has ever seen, been doing cars for years and had body shop and car lot for 38 yrs, but health made me close.Thanks for the help.Dave H.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts