Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is how it all started. my friend had just gotten this camaro and wanted to race me so bad. he came over to my house one night at like 11:30. he was like "lets go find out whats faster". so we went on a strip its a 2 mile peace of a highway. it curves just a little. now i told him i dont think im gonna do good cause my tires wrre bald. he was like excuses excuses. so we got on the highway and started at the 55 mph sign. i smoked him off the start we were goin down the highway for like 10 sec and i was like 2 car lengths ahead of him. we got up to about 135 the fastest i ever did in that car and i slowed down cause i thought i was gonna flip w my bad tires. but he was like damn hw the hell did u beat me w a mazda. it really pissed him off. haha

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i think the RS' only come in the 6 now... am i right?

good kill... tell him to get something with 16 valves...LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The old 3.4 v6 were dogs but the later 3.8 RS's were 200hp and 0-60 in around 7.2 sec stock. 96, I believe was the transition year and some had the 3.4 and others had the 3.8 liter. I feel bad for your friend if he only has the 3.4 liter. There are plenty of mods for the 3.8, though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Too bad they didn't offer it with the supercharged 3.8. Might have made for a good in-between model...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard of people swapping over a 3.8 supercharged motor into the place of a normally aspirated engine. It seems to be a fairly simple swap since most of the difference is in the top end. Also, with minor mods to the supercharger setup, you can get around 300hp.

·
Registered
734 Posts
HEY NOW!!! I have 16 Valves in my V8 and only 12 in my 6 cyl which is way faster... why should I get a 16 valve!?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LOL...thats just my thing...

dont get me wrong, i like the GTPs, but i dont like V6s in general...

so its either the DOHC 4 or the 8... 16 valves.

unless its a 4-vlv/cyl V8, but we wont go into that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts