Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to an intersection and a eclipse with a loud muffler pulled up next to me and reved his car. he had from the sound an after marked muffler or a hole in a factory one and mabe a cold air intake but the car was painted up bright yellow. anyway the light hit green and I gave half throttle and he gunned it and litup his tires but still I passed him. my friend that was in the car looking behind and said every time he shifted gears he tapped the breaks and the front of his car droped. lol . anyway for some reason he didnt stand a chance. I havent done any mods to my mx6 accept putting a high flow filter in it. I think he just didnt know how to drive stick.:muhaha:

ZOOM ZOOM

·
Registered
148 Posts
What year eclipse? If it was 90-99 RS or GS it's not much to brag about. A new 3g or 4g with a v6 nice kill. With the 3g's it's really a driver's race. If it was a 90-99 gst or gsx you def found someone with no shifting ability cuz they can eat pretty much any probe or mx6 alive. Either way decent kill.:flamer:

·
Registered
127 Posts
no such thing as a 98 v6, v6 started in 2000 i would have been a I4 1.8 or 2.0

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Most likely he wasn't tapping the brakes. When you rev it really high and try to shift fast the front end will dip when you punch the clutch.

metros

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
hahahahaha nice kill. those cars are slow man. it was prob a gs or rs. but anywho, yeah he didnt know how to shift. if his car dropped like that, it meant he was pushing the clutch too much. lol, thats funny man. always nice to beat a ricer so they can brag that they prob "almost had you" hahahahahaha. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.