Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update on my little project!

Body shop has been really busy, but still working on my car a little at a time.

Door handles were removed, and plates welded in. 35lb door pops were installed and will be hooked up to the new Viper 550 ESP Remote start alarm.

Heres a few more pics.

I should have more updates soon.

Anyone have a lead on a full black interior? Let me know!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lookin good so far. I wish i did my doors. can't wait to see it all painted. LEE

·
Registered
490 Posts
what do you mean by kit?

You need alot of things to make it happen including time.

sheetmetal
gas shielded welder
grinder
fiberglass
as little filler a possible
poppers/kit

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
i see supra tails as well. car is coming along, what other body mods you looking at doing?

G

·
i already did this to my 6. hard work. i used auto locs 35lb kit. costs like 250 with an alarm. also shaved the trunk lock and molded a buddy club on looks really tight. working on the interior now. gonna be tight. kuddos for for your work, I know the trubbles you see. one peice of advise i can give. string a backup cord through your door somewhere hiden in case your power goes out. otherwise if your not doing your trunk lock you could just crawl through there

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trunk lock is already done too~!

I talked to a rep from Viper and asked about secondary batteries and suck incase mine dies. He told me that the best way to ensure a way back in is the run a 12v lead to an outside source.

Basickly run a single line that runs to the main batt cable and have it hidden somewhere.

If the battery dies, connect 12v (jumper cables or batter) to it and the Viper alarm automaticly will set the larm, but not pop doors. Then all I have to do is hit my door pop sequence on the keypad.

The only issue I would run into then would be "what if the alarm module fails and it wont pop the doors!"

Then the cable idea would come into play, but im still afraid of leaving a cable pull access to the car. I was the type that would NEVER even think of putting one of those hide away keys under the car.

paranoid for good reason. Ive had 3 diffrent cars of mine broken into a total for 5 times! :)

Thanks for the ideas and advice though. Every bit helps. I decided last night that Im not going to put the side skirts or the rear pieces (Invader) on the car. It looks MUCH too clean the way it sits with the stock lines. The Invader front is staying on there though. They will be changing a little about how the front bumper looks though. Makeing it match the ride hight and move the corners in a little.

CANT WAIT!

Alarm goes in tomorrow night. Ill get some more pics and post soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts