Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the car is a 94 626 ES with MTX.

I picked it up last fall and swaped in a fresh rebuilt motor. I noticed when I bought the car, the locks dont auto lock when the master is pushed in or pulled out. I have to individually unlock/lock the doors by hand.

I had purchased a keyless entry system, and was going to install it. But Im at a loss of ideas for installing it. First off, I dont want to start installing a keyless entry on a car when the stock locking system doesnt even work. Also every wireing diagram Ive found is so vague, nothing is really explained and certain componets arent even labeld on the car. (module this, module that, located under dash.. heck theres like 4 different modules under the dash, all with many connectors and they are all labeld with part #, not the module it is)

Right now, I dont even care about the keyless, I just want the power locks to work.
I replaced every fuse inside the fuse cluster in the drives foot area, I found the relay inside passenger foot area. I swapped in a used one I had from a mx6, now when I use the master lock up or down, I can hear the relay clicking. But I still do not have any locking/unlocking action.
I also had the car all locked up, with the windows down, and someone tryed to open the car using the inside door handle.. He opened it up and the factory alarm started going off. So I guess that part of the system is working..

What else can I check? what could be wrong? I want to sell this car, but nobody is going to buy it if the power locks dont even work. And i am starting to get furious with this problem. Had i known the power locks didnt work on the car, that would have dropped price I paid for is drastically.
now Im taking off interior panels, busting clips.. costing me more $, pissing me off more.. and im getting no where.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i'd say that maybe the problem is at the master (drivers door) but if the relay is getting a signal to fire then it makes no sense that the other locks wouldn't fire unless the wiring is bad somewhere...

i'm just posting because i had a lock problem and it had to do with a problem on the room circuit (bottom middle of the fuse box)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had an older gen mx6 (1992 GTi, old shape, lovely car), which activated the central locking on 3 doors but then immediately deactivated it. The 4th doors mechanism had stiffened up to the point that the solenoid couldnt overcome the friction. After lubing it up and messing with it a bit to work some of the stiffness out, it worked fine.

It could be that this has happened to yours, but as none of the locks even activate Id say its unlikely (all 4 doors gone at the same time? I doubt it). My advice would be to see if a door solenoid is getting juice when the relay goes click. If it is, its possible that this is the problem on all 4 doors.

If it isnt theres likely a wiring issue, or maybe the relay is clicking its internal switch but the connection is still not being made. If youre not getting power to any of the solenoids, Id look into maybe replacing the relay or checking the wiring around it, especially the 12V coming into the relay socket.

Hope this helps.
Al.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts