Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I have to sell my Mx6 and I really want to find a good home for it. So if anyone buys it I want it to be a person who loves these cars. I NEED TO SELL IT ASAP, this weekl. Please don't hesitate to ask questions or make offers (please be reasonable).

This is the link for the ad I put on the net:
1994 Mazda Mx6 LS V6- Beautiful Car- Must sell ASAP! - Kitchener Mazda Cars For Sale - Kijiji Kitchener

Here's the info from it:

I am selling my 94 MX6 LS V6 to the first fair offer I get.

It is a 2 door, black coupe, with leather, 5 speed manual, 2.5L V6 engine, power sunroof, CD sound system, power everything, spoiler, fully loaded vehicle, aluminum rims, clean and well maintained for its age.
The car has ABS, 4 wheel disc brakes, a great alarm system, with power locks and a remote starter, driver and passenger airbags. It has 220 000 km.

I am selling it AS IS. It needs a minor exhaust fix for the E-test, and it needs winter tires. Other than that this is a fantastic car. I will be 100% straight up and honest about this car. I will not waste your time and I do not want people to waste mine:

It has a small hole in the exhaust under the car that makes it loud. Once that gets fixed it will be back to running perfectly. On my previous Mx6 I had the exact same issue and I fixed it for $200 at the shop. It still drives great like this, however you need to fix it to pass the E-test.
The tires on the car right now are good and will pass safety. However, for the snow and ice I recommend winter tires and that's why I am not driving it as of today. It was a daily driver, now that the roads are all icy I am parking it and I think it's in the car's best interest to be sold to a good home where someone would put a few hundred dollars into it and make it perfect for the winter. Or if someone has a garage ( I don't!) the car can be stored until the summer.
The body is good, no accidents, normal minor scratches here and there, not noticeable. It has minor rust on the sunroof and trunk. It also has some rust on the drivers door bottom. The rust is only on the door, not on the frame at all. The car was underoiled regularly, the underbody is solid! In the worst case you could just replace the drivers door well ahead in the future if the rust gets worse.

There are 2 other minor glitches:1. the dash lights don't work at night, one of the 2 bulbs is out, only the right side works that shows the fuel/ temp gauges.
2. you might want to put in a new boot, the old one has a rip, in the intake BEFORE ( I repeat BEFORE) the air filter. It really has a minor effect, so I never bothered since it's before the air filter

The car starts, runs and drives perfect. The clutch is great. The transmission is very smooth. Everything works. The AC blows ice cold air. The car handles like a dream. It looks amazing too, much better looking than most 2008 models.

It has been receiving regular oil changes and maintenance throughout its life. I bought it in the spring from a guy who had it for 5 years who took care of it. Before that a lady was the original owner and also took care of it.

These are the new parts recently installed:
- New timing belt and water pump at 190 000km (30K ago)
- New brakes all around, (not just pads, any caliper that was bad got replaced, etc...) worth $800 (February)
- New stabilizer (sway) bar links. (February)
- New plugs and wires in July
- New PCV valve (June)
- New CV boot (August)
- Brand new battery (1 week old)
- New air filter (May)
- New fuel filter (August)
- The previous owner put new front shocks not long ago, a new radiator, the alarm system, remote starter

- I am probably forgetting other items, I have most of the receipts still here.

I have been using Valvoline Max Life regularly, changing it regularly and checking the level often. I have been putting only Sunoco 94 gas in the car.

It is an amazing car and a shame that I have to sell it but I can not afford to keep it as I need to start saving money to go back to school in a few months and will be taking public transportation.

I MUST SELL ASAP. The car has no use just sitting, I hope to find someone who appreciates it.

In summary:
I am selling it AS IS. It passed safety in late February 2008. It needs a minor exhaust fix, and winter tires.
It is fully loaded, leather seats,airbags, smooth engine and transmission,no leaks (other than the exhaust), lots of new parts, regularly maintained, beautiful looking car, fast, handles great, and is a rare find.
These cars are amazing cars and are highly valued on the market, you can get a real deal here. My loss is your gain. Please make me a reasonable offer, come see the car. Serious buyers only!

Any questions - please email me or call 519 716 3645 (leave a message if no answer). Must sell ASAP. First serious buyer with a fair offer gets it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update And Price Drop

The car is running rough now due to the fact that the spark plugs are soaked in oil. I'm pretty sure their seals are bad and need replacing.

The engine still runs strong and the car drives fine.

However, it should not be driven too long like this and needs the work done now.

This would make a good project car, or a beater car once fixed up. It needs too many little things and I don't need the car anymore either so I am selling it for $1000 or the best offer I get this coming week.

Please don't hesitate to make me any offers. I NEED IT GONE ASAP!

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Hey man, it just sounds like you need to replace ur valve cover gasket(s), which isn't a huge deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I think that offering this car for $1000 is a very good deal. I unfortunately can not keep it and need it gone within the next few days.

I'm surprised that noone here has shown interest.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
That's why I think that offering this car for $1000 is a very good deal. I unfortunately can not keep it and need it gone within the next few days.

I'm surprised that noone here has shown interest.
the mx6 fad is slowly dying every1 is moving on 2 something better. still wanting 2jz:angel:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to go without a car for a while, but I'll tell you one thing:

The next car I buy will be an MX6 V6.

There is not ONE new 2009 model out there that I like more than the MX6.

The look, the design, the feel of the car, just everything put together, and knowing it costs 10 times less than a new car. I just love this car too much.

Too bad they get old and rusty and the Canadian winters and roads take the best of them.

Ideally, I'd like a brand new 2009 MX6 that is a second gen. but was just manufactured now so all the parts are new. Too bad they stopped making them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In fact for this car, I'll even go under $1000 for the right buyer.

It would be a tragedy to let it sit, deteriorate, fall apart and get junked.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
scrap guy wont give you much the way the market is shell alone probly give you 60bux.. i deal with this 1 guy who picks up all my junk cars & i give the shell away 4 free b/c 4 him 2 get a flat bed here & hook up is already 50 to 75$ but i been giving them so many shells they just pick them up 4 free 4 me now.. so they will probly give you less then 500 bux for you car so even if you sold your car around that price or w.e would be worth it then a junk yard~ like oddball said take what you can while you can b/c these cars aint worth F all.. i hate 2 say it this car has a high turn around 2 make it the junk yard i've already killed 5 cars so far.. just warning you all i'm coming 4 your cars & killing them lol.. joking

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
scrap guy wont give you much the way the market is shell alone probly give you 60bux.. i deal with this 1 guy who picks up all my junk cars & i give the shell away 4 free b/c 4 him 2 get a flat bed here & hook up is already 50 to 75$ but i been giving them so many shells they just pick them up 4 free 4 me now.. so they will probly give you less then 500 bux for you car so even if you sold your car around that price or w.e would be worth it then a junk yard~ like oddball said take what you can while you can b/c these cars aint worth F all.. i hate 2 say it this car has a high turn around 2 make it the junk yard i've already killed 5 cars so far.. just warning you all i'm coming 4 your cars & killing them lol.. joking
i'm curious as to how much they will give for just a shell... either way I guess i'll find out next weekend.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
well then I guess i'll take the saw to it and cut her all up lol gotta fit it in the utility trailer... its a shame though perfectly good shell all it needs is the interior put back in and some brakes and wheels put on it and it would be a perfectly good car, oh well :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got $200 for my 91 MX6 that smoked and overheated, the headgasket was possibly gone. That was a 110 hp DX with a cassette player and with no options. AC didn't work, etc...bad windshield etc...

This car runs and drives fine, it just needs a good tune-up and has rust in a few spots. Other than that it's excellent. It's a fully loaded V6, with ice cold AC, CD, sunroof, power everything and so on. Brand new battery too...

So I won't give it away for a laughable amount of money.

My only issue is the time pressure, I need it gone by the end of the weekend, that's why I'm considering all kinds of options.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
yah seems like a nice car for a good price... trying to sell cars on a short time frame always sucks!! if I had the extra cash i'd pick it up but I don't good luck with the sale though!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
aww man I would have taken it for that! :( oh well lol glad its gone to a good home! anyone from the boards that bought it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts