Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im having trouble getting my mx6 to start, it will crank over but will not runn its lacking spark. i've replaced the distributor and the crank sensor same issue still anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know thank you... btw its a V6 2.5L

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi and welcome,

Is the Check Engine Light on at all ? have you tried checking for spark by earthing the plug to the body and not the engine ? could be a bad engine earth. Also check the ENG/INJ fuse in the engine bay. Are you getting fuel ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its getting ground because the injectors are working, No the check engine light isnt on and it is getting fuel you can smell it after a few seconds of trying to get it to start.. this issue is kinda bothersome if you ask me but hopefully theres away to fix it.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Where did you get the replacement distributor from ? its not unknown for replacement distributors to be faulty too..

I would say the fault lies with the distributor.

Oddy.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Brand new or recon ?

you would be supprised the number of people which come on here that get recons only to find them faulty also. and what year distributor did you get ?

Oddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts