Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week in ocean city maryland i was drivin the strip at senior week. I hear the sound of flow masters as a 99 mustange gt drove by me with the passanger shouting hey want to race. I pulled up next to him and asked what he had done to the car. He told me the car was stock. I laughted at him and told him i would race either way and that i could hear his intake and exhaust. Two lights down the road we got our chance to race. I came of the line at 2,700 rpm . as soon as I launched I had a car lenght on him. When i ripped into second i pulled another car on him.finally i chirped thind gear and pulled another two cars on him. After the race i slowed down to talk to him but he just crept by at the speed limit and would not look at me. I guess he figured that all i had was a body kit. Oh well i had fun.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yes... i third that motion... please post performance mods...

do list 1/4 mi. times and links to your dyno plots if you have them...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
wow... you beat a car that has 260 hp and 302 lb-ft of torque. You have one helluva 6. Those are 14 sec cars stock. I would like to know your performance mods.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
cannonball run said:
I guess he figured that all i had was a body kit.
everyone reading this thread figures that thats all you have too...

dont feel bad, we see BS like this all the time... its getting pretty routine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
been to busy to get on line here is a short list of my mods. hotshot cold air intake,pacesetter coated headers,gredrey cat back exhaust.upgrades plugs and wires,two degree timming advance,cross drilled rotors and carbon metallic pads,eiback springs and adjustable struts,rear strut tower brace,2800 pounds stage 3 clutch and a j spec crank that is at the shop being machined. hope i answered your question.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as for the 1/4 mile i run mid to high 14's depending on how well i lauch. i have never had the car dynoed . The track i race at is capital raceway in maryland. I think thats everything.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
what brand is your clutch and who did your timing?

also, do scan a time slip...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts