Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how a 95 Ls with a KLZE, full greddy cat-back exhaust, random technologies racing cat, hotshot headers and a PRM intake would do against a stock 95 mustang cobra? what about a GT? help me out boys.. i need to know this.

G

·
If it's an automatic you may fair very well. The Cobra that year only had 15 more horses than the GT, plus the Cobra is the heaviest of all V8 stang's that year. With your mods it should be failry decent race. If you get beat, I don't think it will be by an embaressing amount. If anything you'll gain praise

·
Registered
416 Posts
the cobra that year ran a 14.2 in the qurter mile vs. a 15.4 for the gt, if its a gt, go for it, if its a cobra...well, goodluck

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i hope you win that one. race all the tangs in your city if you can. i want know how they run with the KLZE. if you have a 5spd now how to drive it and you should hang in there with both. good luck. later man

G

·
Well it depends on the driver. I don't know the exact times on Cobras that year. I think it is around 15 sec or so on the 1/4 mile. 99' Cobras where the high horse powered Mustang since I forget. But anyway I think the Mustang would take the Z engine. Unless you got some major mods done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would say with those mods you have about a 14.7-8 car. maybe faster. If you can find a Stock Cobra to Race you then race him and see. Honestly I think he'll walk you but go race him and find out!!! I think you should walk the GT easily though. That was was the slowest 5.0 ever made. The things ran 15's for cryin out loud!!

G

·
Mods

Hey RedStreak, Im just wondering where you got the Greddy cat back system from , ive been looking around for a while , and all i can find are Brospeed and Mazdaspeed. Id really like to find a nice Greddy system. Good Luck with those mustangs.

G

·
Actually if you find a person with an automatic Cobra tell them they are full of shit, and to remove the Cobra badges from their fenders, because Ford never made a Cobra that was an auto.

Ways to spot a Cobra from a GT are 1. Badges, 2. Rear bumper will say COBRA on like 97, and up, 3. Front bumper is different with two large ports for the fog lights, 4. Hood should be different with two large snouts, 5. ALWAYS a standard, 6. White face guages, 7. If he opens the hood there should be a Cobra emblem on the intake, 8. The Calipers in the front should say Cobra, 9. Different wheels,10. some have a different wing, and 11. an SVT emblem on the trunk. these are a few things that I've noticed. The easiest things to check for to know if you're running the real deal are #s 5-6-8. Because they are Hard and expensive to swap out.
The reason why I said this to you was there are a lot of people running around where I live passing rebuilt GTs off as Cobras, and Saleens. Hope this helps and if its a GT it should be interesting, If its a Cobra I hope you like to see tail lights.:)

[Edited by Kris on 03-05-2001 at 01:41 AM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts