Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

95 LS has no fire, but getting fuel

713 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mx6turbo89 
#1 ·
Hey guys, please help! I'm trying to help a friend get his daughter's 95 LS fixed. Previously, the car was misfiring slightly, so he replaced the plugs & distributor cap; the car ran great during a test drive. Daughter took it out for a drive, but on the way back it died suddenly.

Upon troubleshooting, we noticed that the fuel pump wasn't coming on when the ignition was turned on. We tested the fuel pump by crossing the test points and the pump worked fine.

Next, we pulled out a plug wire, turned over the engine, and tested for firing. No spark at all.

I next tested the crank sensor (according to the steps in the Haynes manual); sensor tested as okay.

I also checked the 3-prong coil plug on the distributor and am getting a 12V signal, as well as a ground.

I'm out of ideas. Can any of you 2nd Gen gurus offer any assistance? Thanks.

Mike

PS: I did scour the posts on this forum for a number of hours to find a similar problem, but found nothing conclusive.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like Distributor. They are very common for the V-6 LS MX-6's. Very expensive also. Dont get it at a shop or anything youll get ripped a new anus. But by everything you pointed out it sounds exactly like the distrubutor. Very easy thing to replace. DIY
If you have original air box you have to take that out. I believe it has a 12mm bolt and same with the Distributor.
Well anyways hope this helps.

Here's a little helpful place to go and its very cheap.Ebay 1
These retail over $400 and this has 4 days left. Contact the guy and offer a certain amoutnt o buy it now from him. Otherwise go to this guy...Mike Hughes
Hes a great guy.... good luck!

#3 ·
you can also get from the dealer, i paid 500 for a brand new one, OEM direct.. its not rebuilt, my car runs great now, its one of the later models too, the ones that supposivly have a fix to where they wont die unexpectingly while driving like the older versions..

#6 ·
Mine was installed from a shop for like 259 bucks, or maybe that was the price of the distributor...i dont remember

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.