Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is a friend's vehicle..

by the way these can be had surprisingly cheap!!!! he paid i think 9,500 for it in damn near mint condition, with 65k on the odo.. i don't know if the mtx versions command a higher premium.. the m3's also have a kickass feature i wish we had - it pulled the frameless windows in to the body snugly after you close the door :)

anyways back to the race.he begged and begged for a rolling start to nullify the crappy launch he would get with an atx..

ok no biggie.

well it took us about half an hour to find a good spot, everything was pretty crowded last night..

we finally get to an open straight, slow down to about 30, i left it in 2nd at this point lol.. and we go... the m3's have a pretty quick downshift, so he got a slight jump on me (i would have just been spinning the tires from a roll in 1st) until i hit the meat of the powerband, fully spooled, and just kept pulling. I didnt even shift her hard, since my 3rd gear synchros are giving me a bit of a headache. we shut down when he flashed me his brights a few times in surrender... which were a pretty good ways back.

i've no clue what the atx's run unfortunately, but from what i could tell, it hung about as well with me as my race with a 2000 maxima (the 3 liter one, not the 3.5L which hang a little better ;p) which should place him in the mid high 14's

up until this point he had always talked trash (jokingly, as he knows how much work went into the setup)

but quite frankly, i would still rather have thatvehicle.. handles so incredibly well on just the stock suspension.. and the interior is just awesome.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Juggalo said:
Friendly raced are alway's good, now go get picked pick on by a 01+ M3 :D
i edited your quote for correctness :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
hey Steve, nice kill, my neighboor next door has 99 m3 and he talks trash also about racing me and wining, and i always tell him; wait till the summer comes, heheh i'll be turboed soon u bastard:E.

P.S. when am i gonna see your car? we live so close, come on i am desperate now, I don't wanna get some kind of deppression, help me out here.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zdama said:
hey Steve, nice kill, my neighboor next door has 99 m3 and he talks trash also about racing me and wining, and i always tell him; wait till the summer comes, heheh i'll be turboed soon u bastard:E.

P.S. when am i gonna see your car? we live so close, come on i am desperate now, I don't wanna get some kind of deppression, help me out here.
haha wll, whenever really lol whats yournum ill give ya a call when its not raining

·
Registered
848 Posts
Goatcrapp said:
i edited your quote for correctness :D
:lol: what's the matter, you don't think you could take a mid to high13 sec car?:D

PS: get a front mount and run more boost:tup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would LOVE to have enough cash to buy a 5-speed 98 M3. That is my favorite car right now, which will change alot heh. But nice race GoatPoop. I still cant believe that little mistu turbo is holding its own still. They must be bigger than I thought they were because a big T3 is only getting me like 240 whp. But the mtx M3's back in the 90's were rated at like 240 hp so the atx OBVIOUSLY wouldnt have that much power, more like 200 whp if it was in good shape. So I guess thats why you spanked him seeing as his car weighs about 400 lbs more at least. But I love bimmers, and yours is ok too ;) Nice race bro!

Dan

G

·
Goatcrapp said:
the m3's also have a kickass feature i wish we had - it pulled the frameless windows in to the body snugly after you close the door :)
Haha, my winterbeater desperatly needs this. I can here the wind when travelling at high speeds on the freeway (BTW, high speeds in my Corolla would be 70mph, lol) coming through the windows.

The new 350Z also has this feature.:)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Juggalo said:
:lol: what's the matter, you don't think you could take a mid to high13 sec car?:D

PS: get a front mount and run more boost:tup:
i thought they were high 12's? with cvt trannies, etc?

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
DrBrown said:
I would LOVE to have enough cash to buy a 5-speed 98 M3. That is my favorite car right now, which will change alot heh. But nice race GoatPoop. I still cant believe that little mistu turbo is holding its own still. They must be bigger than I thought they were because a big T3 is only getting me like 240 whp. But the mtx M3's back in the 90's were rated at like 240 hp so the atx OBVIOUSLY wouldnt have that much power, more like 200 whp if it was in good shape. So I guess thats why you spanked him seeing as his car weighs about 400 lbs more at least. But I love bimmers, and yours is ok too ;) Nice race bro!

Dan
well its not a mitsu t25, its got a ,80 or .88 a/r on the exhaust side, and not sure on the compressor side, but definitely larger than the mitsu t25 however you look at it.

and the thing is, it builds boost very fast... and in low gears. dont get me wrong i will be going to a larger turbo eventually, as this turbo seems to hit its potential at 13psi... however 2nd gear has turned the car into a monster.. honestly i fiond myself shifting into 2nd by the time 4k has gone by in 1st and it makes 2nd a nice long but still fast gear with the low spool. (im also running a pgt tranny, slightly lower gears, as well as the phantom grip, so while it will still scramble for traction in 2nd, its actually pulling me too.

i really need to get to the dyno to see what im doing... but just from driving it, im predicting a higher tq than hp peak, and the tq is most likely going to be a straight line from mid rpm's up.. its defintiely not a peak hp setup, but yah she holds her own so far.. i mean hell the dsm guys have dipped into the 12's on this turbo with smaller exhaust/compressor wheels, albeit i am probably maxing it out sooner than they (ie the 13psi ceiling i seem to hit)

another note is that dan's tuning kicks ass.. i really havent had to touch much at all, he had the fpr dead on and the bleed off for the fmu also dead on.

im thinking, just because i am in the mood to pop motors and trannies, i should install some ungodly large n20 shot (direct port so i can fatten the fuel mix even more), run lower than freezing alch through the ic, use 26" slicks (not the 22's most KLers use) and 6k launches. i might get 2-3 runs if i slip it slightly. I'd make dan meet me at the track with a truck and tow dolly, and as dan put it, be the fastest 2nd gen with the smallest turbo ;)

but thats only after i build my new motor so i can have it on standby after i break something. ;P

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Beh you will have a chance to see what you can do against a newer M soon enough ;)

~aaron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts