Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could help me with a question.

I have a 95 probe right now that has high k's and is in pretty rough shape. But it's a manual and the tranny seems to shift smoothly still. It looks like I might be able to pick up a 93 mx6 cheap that has a blown automatic transmission, but otherwise the car is apparently in good shape. I've read the transmission swap faq and came across this line:

10) MTX Intermediate Shaft with Carrier bearing(the bearing should be one the intermediate shaft)(93 has 3 hole mount, 95 has 2 hole mount get the appropriate year)

So I'm assuming I'd need to go to the junk yard and try to find an intermediate shaft out of a 93, is there anything else that might cause me problem switching between years, or from a probe to mx6?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
You could attempt to go find it at a hard. If not there is a thread about this around here from me. I got mine from the dealer. That thread also has the part numbers.

I would save your MTX harness also. Its not hard to change, even though it seems like it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The 93 also had 2 different engine codes. the differences (if significant) I do not know.
As long as you're carrying everything over, besides finding the new shaft, (harness/ecu, etc) you should be fine

·
Registered
939 Posts
if you want i have a 93 shaft and im looking for a 94+ shaft... could trade if youd like... pm if interested

1 - 5 of 5 Posts