Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a 95 disty fit into a 96? just wondering because the obd situation. it's for an ls.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Edit yes it should. 93 & 94 were the ones with OBD-I. All the rest are OBD- II (95-97)

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
^ what month was your car made in? I think from what I've heard/read is that the late model 95's (if that makes sense) are OBD-II...early model 95's are the opposite. Or am I mistakenses? :confused:

·
Premium Member
597 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I see. Good thing you are around to correct my bad advice lol. :rolleyes:

My mx6 knowledge bank is getting there though. })

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i heard the same thing, late model 95s were obd2. I just asked the guy if it was obd2 or 1. i'll find out.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
95 is the 'grey' area where the transistion took place. You need to look at the wiring colours and plugs for clarification, also you should find no.6 plug lead in at the bottom(early dist) or top(late dist)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sure some model 95s were ob2. For the Nissan Maximas- 95-99 usdm 4th gens were all obd2, but you can't compare nissan to mazdas.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
late 95's were obd II. Late being cars produced around mid year 95. Also 95 model years produced in 94 did not have the brake caliper fix applied and suffer from the sticky rear calipers :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts