Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was chillin with some people look at cars and stuff.when this kid comes up in his green 95 slushamatic Ls.he told me about how he can beat my friends 94 Ls 5spd because the 95 have 180 horse power because it was the best year with a different computer.i dont believe him but can some one tell me what the hell hes thiking.i have a 95 Ls 5sp and id like to think this is true but i know its not

·
Registered
483 Posts
all mx-6's are the same...

all mx-6's are the same from 1993-1997, the only minor changes that didn't affect performance from 96-97 was the OBD II. they had moved the cat. from the previous years. all mx-6 v6's have stayed 164 horsepower through these years. In fact the new 626's are 165 i think, but it is the same engine. don't get me wrong the earlier models of the mx-6 (93-94) have had problems with carbon knocks, rear-calipers...etc. the computers have remained the same...so don't listen to that kid

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Re: all mx-6's are the same...

integrale4wd said:
all mx-6's are the same from 1993-1997, the only minor changes that didn't affect performance from 96-97 was the OBD II. they had moved the cat. from the previous years.
hopefully not a stupid question: what's the OBD II? also, what minor changes did affect performance (for '96-'97s) then? heck, altogether what other changes were there? jorge bb said the HS headers don't fit '96s and '97s; why? (b/c of they moved the cat, right?)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
93 was the best year for the 4-cyl...

i would have to say 94 for the 6 (or whatever year was the latest w/o OBDII)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think '94 was the best year too. Oh wait that's the year I have! Someone should do a poll and have people honestly post what they think is the best year for the 1st and 2nd gens are.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would have to say that 1995 was probably the best year in general based on the following:
1995 was the last year they used OBDI.
They did not suffer from the infamous ignitor problem as with the 93-94 models.
They had the rear caliper problem fixed by that time.
They did not suffer from as much carbon buildup as which could occur with the early 93's.

Not to say that I don't like my 93 model year. And this does not take into account any kinds of options which may or may have been included in those years. Only addressing the mechanical aspect of it.:D

G

·
da bes? you from africa or something? c'mon, speak english here! instead of "95 da bes year. 93 and 4 da worst" , you could have said, "95 is the best, 93 and 94 suck." i just think its dumb when you have to guess what someone is saying. my 93 has served me well. <knock knock>

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
y u takkin sheeit bout mah pplz lyk dat man?

LOL... i was thinking the same thing but i wondered if i pointed out that he has no premises to support his conclusion and therefore his argument invalid and uncogent, it would be over his head...

"save da drama fo yo mama..."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts