Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kno some guys that have a 98 camaro v6 and a firebird V6, and both wnat to race my stock 95ls atx. the camaro is auto, firebird is mt but the guy suxs at drivin. I kno they have 40hp on me, but there both crappy drivers and weigh 500+ pounds more.think i got a chance? btw the camaros tires are almost bald cause the owners an idiot and spins his tires every day afta school to try and impress ppl. as far as atx goes im an ok driver,(manually shift it so im not in third by 30mph) Im just sick of them talkin **** on my car the both think they'll smoke me. just one more thing the bird lost to a v6 stang w/ only an exuhast.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't really know about an95LS but with my GT I raced one I took off real quick know spinning nothing and killed I only had and exhaust and bigger downpipe stock boost..The camaro even had that dual exh,with dual dual tips like a V8 but not as big an end as the V8,,it was a convertible so he had more weight but I really got this guy good by a good 5cars..

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive raced a stang mt, and we were just about dead even and this bird got killed by a slightly modded stang, so im thinkin the fact that both weigh in a lot heavier and they both suck at drivin I have a chance. i think u might have misread i dont want to race a modded stang, just a camaro V6 and a firebird V6 (same car)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Car for Car stock the v6 f-body runs low 15's and will tromp the v-6 stang....You will lose more than likely if the bird an camaro are 3.8, the 3.4 run 17's, i have beaten them...but i see that they are 3.8....and no camaros and birds do not have dual exhaust, its a single pipe to a muffler that has dual outlets...what year was the stang, and how ragged is the bird?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 93LS manual with intake and exhaust done...but i raced my buddy in his 98 camaro V6 auto, and i beat him but it was close. I raced him when I only had my exhaust done....so if you're an auto tranny I think it's gonna be tight. Give it a shot though, I would.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
sounds like you will lose to both... but who cares... you still have a better looking car!!!

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
i meant to say the fbodys were capable of 15s and low 16s. basically if that dude's firebird got beat bad by a mustang v6, the mustang v6 had more mods than you know of, or the bird has something wrong with it

only way is just to race him, but dont be upset if you lose. if you do, it's time to mod up and then race again

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I think you'll prolly lose by a little, think you could get a few mods real quick?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Run them of a roll on the highway, their top end suck's.

I've ran a guy in a 98 V6 auto w/exhaust, and he stayed with me until the top of 2nd gear, that's when I started pulling. Plus they govern at 110mph. But I have a 5 speed:shrug:

I think in the 1/4 mile you will lose, but you will be catching up toward's the end. So see if they'll run you on the highway.

Juggalo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts