Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone raced a newer 240sx?? say 95-96....a guy around here just bought one...the 4cyl version and is cruisin around racing civic and mirages and then talking about his "great kills" ( civic,mirages:eek: ).....i was wondering if id be able to take him cause its definitely time to bring him back to earth....anyone??opinions???

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have never had an encounter with the newer 240sx and raced one cuz they are really rare here. Their specs are pretty close to our cars, and they do have the weight advantage.. only by a bit, but we have a bit more hp and tq at the same time. So I guess you'll only know when you race him.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
REAR wheel drive 155 hp on a low 2700's lb body versus our front drive 164 hp and a high 2700's lb body. The advantage 240 is guy just cause rwd makes a huge diff.

remember to strip the back seat, spare and subs if u have them didnt check ur sig

u can take the back seat off by reaching under them and flipping 2 switches one on each side basically anything would help half a tank of premium use all ur window washer fluid hell take out the passenger seat hehe

PS if u want to hate on me this is actually M(y)x6gr8ride posting:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow.....thier 4banger has 155 hp??? thats pretty good........well i havne tseen the guy around for like a week so i assume hes studying but lets see if he comes around for the weekend..i have pretty good faith on my car and i drive 10x better than him.....anyways well see........ive always hear the rear whell drive is better and i recognize this......but why is it guys??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and why the hell are they so rare!? they arent like the greatest most expensive cars ever and they look good

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have no clue why they are so rare. But I do like cars that are rare, makes you feel a little more different. Well their's is 2.4L and ours is 2.5L so there isn't much of a displacement difference, so with 155, it's nothing great. Yes the rear wheel drive is a big advantage from 0-60.. but after that.. front and rear are both equal I'm assuming. All i know is that they are better than AWD at higher speeds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive raced 3 240sx's.....a 1991 and 2 1996+ 240s. Ive beaten them all, they are quick for a 4banger, but only with a good driver behind the wheel. I have an almost stock 93 LS, and have taken 240s with exhaust, intake and suspension. i would say the odds are in the mx6's favour.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehe jase by how much did you beat those 240s??cause id expect that youd pull har on them after 60 right??

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
rwd is better b/c they are easier for traction purposes off the line at higher hp. Also, rwd cars can transfer more hp to the wheels easier than a fwd car can. All the arguments for this are on this site... just do a search!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i acknowledge the fact that rwd is better since its been proven...it just doesnt seem logical to me since the power must be transfered someplace that is farther from the engine than with fwd......i would think some power is bound to be lost along the way...but once again its been proven rwd is better so @-

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
rare?!!! they are as common as preludes. I see them everywhere. But mx6s aren't so abundant. around maybe 40 mx6s in my city.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My Best friend bought a 95 240sx, 4cyl, 5spd, beautiful ride, slow as hell, you can't even churp the tires and its a 5 spd! I raced him one night a gave him 2 car lengths, lets just say you will not have a problem at all, I passed him about a block down the road and never looked back!

94 LS, 5 spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N Filter, 17'' Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a Pioneer Sound System

·
Registered
641 Posts
What makes the 240 sx so slow is that it is a truck motor. The transmission is a modified truck transmission also. Great car, crappy driveline. Now if you come across one with a sr20det in it. you better watch out.::eek:

·
Registered
641 Posts
oh yeah, I almost forgot, the motor is 155 hp but they only put about 120 to the real wheels. That car loses alot of HP through the trans, driveshaft, and rear end.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I ran one in my Thunderbird and beat him pretty bad... besides.. the HP numbers may look good but what is the torque... we raced several times and off the line was the worst kill for me cause the Thunderbirds 280ftlbs against the 240's 4 banger... the torque difference was too much off the line...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts