Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What condition is the rear left and right side glass rubber? Also i need the drivers side fog lamp housing.
Rear glass rubber is bad, like they all are. I didn’t see your message until after I left, so the fog lamp housing will have to wait until next time I am back there, possibly next week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lol what is up with the rear glass rubber on MX6s. Are they made of sugar or something. All the ones i have seen in yards including mine are toast and dissolving away. But anyway yeah just lmk when you get a chance to check on the drivers side fog light. If there is no rust on the hardware and its clean/not cracked ill take it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lol what is up with the rear glass rubber on MX6s. Are they made of sugar or something. All the ones i have seen in yards including mine are toast and dissolving away. But anyway yeah just lmk when you get a chance to check on the drivers side fog light. If there is no rust on the hardware and its clean/not cracked ill take it.
i sort of fixed the rear side trim by first sanding down the roughest areas, and then painting over it with a satin black enamel. then sand some more, then another coat. repeat until it is smooth, and I also made sure to tape over the glass and paint so just the trim gets sanded / painted. It didn't really fix the underlying problem but it looked a bit better from a distance at least.

no real rust underneath anywhere, and it never took a front end hit, so i am confident the fog light housing and hardware is still in good shape.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thats a good idea i think i will try it. Yeah just lmk on the fog light for the drivers side. I also seen i need the trunk rubber and the cup bump stops on the trunk lid as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got t View attachment 13868 hem off. They look good. I couldn’t cut the wiring that far back because the wiring harness is a fat bundle and I didn’t have the type of cutter big enough to cut into it. Also there is a chance I might have to limp my car to a different location at some point and I didn’t want to completely disable it.

got it off finally. That was a real pita to do! It was double stick taped and there are machine screws at both ends and a stud in the middle tightened with a flange nut and a pile of washers. Kind of weird. I think this was a dealer installed add-on and not a factory installed part. For your reference and anyone else who might be interested in getting one of these, I took a bunch of photos of it front and back, along with some pics of the trunk to show where the bolt holes go. Here is the link:
https://www.snapfish.com/share?via=link&token=ThlE1-uouI__WmWxaiE8bg/AUS/27952169102070/SNAPFISH

Condition isn’t the greatest. Lots of cracking in the finish and some gouges that had been painted over. It will need refurbishing.
Hey sorry! I just got your message now! That’s awesome!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it might be taped, not bolted, so I will definitely try that trick next time I am there. (The car is parked at a property about 140 miles from where i live most of the time, so it may be a week or so before I can get back there.)
Sorry, I thought you had the spoiler off! Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got t View attachment 13868 hem off. They look good. I couldn’t cut the wiring that far back because the wiring harness is a fat bundle and I didn’t have the type of cutter big enough to cut into it. Also there is a chance I might have to limp my car to a different location at some point and I didn’t want to completely disable it.

got it off finally. That was a real pita to do! It was double stick taped and there are machine screws at both ends and a stud in the middle tightened with a flange nut and a pile of washers. Kind of weird. I think this was a dealer installed add-on and not a factory installed part. For your reference and anyone else who might be interested in getting one of these, I took a bunch of photos of it front and back, along with some pics of the trunk to show where the bolt holes go. Here is the link:
https://www.snapfish.com/share?via=link&token=ThlE1-uouI__WmWxaiE8bg/AUS/27952169102070/SNAPFISH

Condition isn’t the greatest. Lots of cracking in the finish and some gouges that had been painted over. It will need refurbishing.
I’m ready to send money when you are sir!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts