Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone told me that when Ford took over Mazda they did a lot of improvements to the mx6. they said this happened in 96 and they were much better than the previous years. A 94 is more in my price range so can someone tell me the deal....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
in 93-94 the sec gens had some problems that were fixed in 95. The biggest problem is the right rear caliper tends to seize and not let go. When replaced just nake sure they geta 95 caliper to replace it with and that should be no problem. Do a search and you will find out everything else, but they are minor. The only problem with the 2nd gens are we eat CV boots for dinner. Just drive the car with care and that should be no problem.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Also the HLA problems was suppose to be fixed.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I wouldn't say that Ford taking a controlling interest in Mazda made the cars any better... look at the crap Ford ATX's in MX-6s, 626s, and Probes.

But that aside, 93-94 MX-6s are still good cars but the LS models have rear caliper problems and distributor problems. The 96s and 97s have OBD-2 diagnostics meaning if and when the check engine light shines, you can't read the codes the easy way.

That said, you can buy my 95 LS :)

Tyson

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey mts3, how much do you want for your car? I may be interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts