Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm cruisin home last night and i see some projector headlights comeup behind me. I knew the kid, he has a 97 eclipse gst spyder (visually modded thats all) well we were coming out of town and he passed me, i didn't like that too much so after the next stop sign (we were on some backroads) i just nailed it and i activated my iat mod. wel he didn't get too far b4 we came up on another car he passed him and i was right on his rear. well we took it up to about 130 until he lost his nerve and jammed the brake. i kept on going to about 135 ( i was maxed) and passed him in a blink. so i was kinda proud that i kept up with a turbo eclipse figuring i have a auto too. well thanx for listening to my rant ! happy modding

·
Registered
27 Posts
what system you have and do u recommend the pacestter headers

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
system !

well much to the dismay of most yes i do recommend the pacesetter headers, but only ceramic coated !! they offer the most power increase and when coated and cared for they look quite nice.They are also a good deal less expensive than others, As for my system i have a pioneer 9200r deck a fosgate 360a2 bridged to a MTX 7000 in a 2ft ported eclosure, i have all 4 gauge wiring a 1 farad cap conneted via punch hardware. i also have a 5 1/4 blaupunkt fronts powered by a Sony 752X, and pioneer 3 way 6X8's in the rear deck. On top of all of that i have dynomated quite a bit to keep all the sound in i could. The system hits hard, very hard. but i am more for the quality than spl. wheww ! ok i think i got it all !! (-:

·
Registered
283 Posts
what is the iat mod i also have an auto 1993 mx6 and does your system weigh down you car a lot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
also the 360a2 is how many watta mp i have the fosgates x2 would u recommend that amp my rms is 500 each and peak power is 1000 each, what is your rms and peak power also your dynomat is in the trunk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good Kill on the GST by the way. I never have understood the purpose of the GST when u can get an AWD GSX. Oh well, once again, just MY opinion. Later.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Jasen said:
...and i activated my iat mod.
What's an iat? Nice, btw. Those cars are quick.
The "IAT" mod is putting a switch in the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor wire to the PCM. When "active", the switch will open the IAT wire. The PCM will then throw a code 10 (indicating the IAT is "bad") but more importantly, will discontinue the reduce-torque logic during ATX shifts.

The result are much harder, quicker shifts from the ATX, resulting in quicker acceleration (by reduced lag during shifts).

Since the reduce-torque logic only applies to ATX cars, it's useless on an MTX car.

·
Banned
48 Posts
The "IAT" mod is putting a switch in the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor wire to the PCM. When "active", the switch will open the IAT wire. The PCM will then throw a code 10 (indicating the IAT is "bad") but more importantly, will discontinue the reduce-torque logic during ATX shifts.

The result are much harder, quicker shifts from the ATX, resulting in quicker acceleration (by reduced lag during shifts).

Since the reduce-torque logic only applies to ATX cars, it's useless on an MTX car.
I dug this one outta the closet!
Anybody know which wire this is for a 96? I have the VAF w/ plunger, not heated wire...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dug this one outta the closet!
Anybody know which wire this is for a 96? I have the VAF w/ plunger, not heated wire...
Whoa this is an ooooold one. I have no idea which wire it was, I just wanted to post in one of my posts from 7 years ago :) Too bad I sold the car back in 2003 :p I actually still miss it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Good Kill on the GST by the way. I never have understood the purpose of the GST when u can get an AWD GSX. Oh well, once again, just MY opinion. Later.

Gst is for people who dont want the heavy awd system slowing them down. AWD has alot of advantages while it has some disadvantages too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts