Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am on the market for an OEM Antenna for my 97 MX6. Pulled into work and the buggah never went down. The motor still works just fine. Pulled it apart and sure enough the cable snapped because there wasn’t enough grease in the housing.

My guess is that this is the first time in many years that it’s been used regularly after sitting for 16 years. I would have never thought to grease that when I went through my initial checklist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I can PayPal or Venmo anyone who has a part on hand that can be easily parted with 🙏🏽

-Grey

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys. I am on the market for an OEM Antenna for my 97 MX6. Pulled into work and the buggah never went down. The motor still works just fine. Pulled it apart and sure enough the cable snapped because there wasn’t enough grease in the housing.

My guess is that this is the first time in many years that it’s been used regularly after sitting for 16 years. I would have never thought to grease that when I went through my initial checklist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I can PayPal or Venmo anyone who has a part on hand that can be easily parted with 🙏🏽

-Grey
Not sure if you are still looking for an antenna? I have an antenna (whole thing) that has part number KA80-66-930B.

I bought it with intentions to rebuild my 94 Probe GT which had a SIRIUS radio in it, but the Probe sadly was overtaken by rust. I bought the antenna on E-Bay as NOS but it looks used, and has been sitting upstairs many years never used by me. Anyway, if interested just let me know............I have a ton of 94 Probe GT NOS parts if you are looking for anything (of course not all 94 Probe GT parts are interchangeable with a 97 MX-6). Keep the MX6 running!

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thats awesome!! If you work up a estimate on the shipping to my zip code in Hawaii (96740). I’d be happy to see if it works out. Or I can PayPal or Venmo.

Sorry for the late reply. And I’m sad the Probe project didn’t go through. My PayPal is [email protected].

·
Registered
35 Posts
Finally remembered my password. I'm in AL right now but when I get back to FL I'll let you know what NOS parts I have.

Some parts I have are a new Ford factory radiator support, NOS radiator, NOS Panasonic AC compressor as well as a rebuilt compressor (not NOS), NOS condenser, sway bar links, big transmission mount and rear engine mount, EGR valve, oil pressure sensor, HVAC control module (minus the knobs) and NOS Motorcraft distributor. Mazda remanufactured W/P and new Mazda EGR tube (not sure if it fits the Probe). Those are some of the parts I can remember right now. I have gaskets and other stuff like that too.

·
Registered
'95 Hunter Green LS 5-Speed
21 Posts
Anybody got a source for just the mast? The rest of the assembly is in perfect shape, but the nylon toothed "cord" snapped in several places.

@jdonnell, you wouldn't happen to have the EGR solenoids, would you? The two buggers that attach to the mounting plate on the back of the engine. Might hit you up for the EGR valve too if the one I ordered turns out to be junk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anybody got a source for just the mast? The rest of the assembly is in perfect shape, but the nylon toothed "cord" snapped in several places.

@jdonnell, you wouldn't happen to have the EGR solenoids, would you? The two buggers that attach to the mounting plate on the back of the engine. Might hit you up for the EGR valve too if the one I ordered turns out to be junk.
Sorry, I don't have the solenoids you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts