Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods.....

Yeah...I'm thinking of mods....the car is pretty much stock right now. The first thing that going in is a new stereo system. I'm gonna build up a dual subwoofer system. Then I'm gonna do something most people here don't usually do. I'm gonna put a roof rack on cuz I'm a mountain bike fanatic. Then maybe something for the front end to add more of an edgy look.

-------------------------------------------------------
1997 MX6 LX in Blackberry

·
Registered
475 Posts
Love the color man.
Lets see how perseptive I am. Is that another 6 u r parked next too? And is that the good old Mazda Tribute in the background? Damn I'm good.

Also it looks u gotta sun roof. How is that gonna work with the roof rack?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
allworldkj said:
Is that another 6 u r parked next too? And is that the good old Mazda Tribute in the background? Damn I'm good.
yup...the pic was taken at the Mazda dealership.

Also it looks u gotta sun roof. How is that gonna work with the roof rack?
you're rite. it's probably not gonna work. I was wondering if anybody knew of a roof rack that will not get in the way of the sunroof, but I doubt it. I'll just have to make a sacrafice I guess and not use the sunroof...when I was considering buying a new car, I also asked for a package w/o a sunroof. I only know of Thule and Yakima racks...anybody know of any other brands/makes that will work with a sunroof?

·
Registered
475 Posts
mxer said:
Question: Did they change the headlights in the later years, cuz my 93's lights don't look like that.
Could those be E-Spec headlights? I know your from Canada but hey anything's possible.

About the roof rack I dont see how a rof rack could work with our sunrrof being that the roof panel slides out above the roof as oppposed to inside like other sun roofs.

Damn I'm good.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Roof racks? No Prob Bob

Roof racks are NOT a problem. I have a set on my MX-6 (96, Aust 4WS, 17"rims,lowered,big fat exhaust pipe - love to show a pic but not THAT organised yet).

There are some little steel lugs in the roof (in the black part). These lift out with a razor or sharp implement. The roof racks then sit on top and use these as an anchor.

I also have a foam pad around the outside of the rack to protect my sailboards and the sun roof opns JUST FINE.
However, it does get quite noisy above 130k when the roofs open - especially when the sailboards are on top!

Brand? THULE - apparently imported from Sweden.
Get Them From? Roof Carrier Systems - Camberwell Melbourne Australia

·
Registered
47 Posts
mxer said:
Question: Did they change the headlights in the later years, cuz my 93's lights don't look like that.
Those are the same lights. It's just the blur of the picture that makes it look different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts