Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good resource for find out any major problems/issues with this car? or does anyone have any info/advice on them.

Im looking at getting a 98-01 4dr 5spd one to replace the MX6 when i start school at UTi. So far i can only find 'buyer' reviews and basic reviews that mags did on them. Im really looking for relibality/preformance info on the car.
Having to i get outa college in may and i need a more 'pratical' car sence i am moving to TX and will be driving from houston/Austin most every weekend, that and i want a sporty 4dr car that i can play with an make it go fast of course.

-Mitch

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Great Base car. They seem to run a long time with little problems. Hint::: Rex Turbo components (2.0) Bolt right up to the 2.5., With the exception of the X-member- and The donor for those is usually a Legacy. The 2.5 has a little more torque than the 2.0, So if you decide to swap the turbo, You'll end up ahead in the long run.

My manager Had a '99 RS with the Rex swap, completely OE.
When matched up to a Stock Rex, He pulled everytime. He later swapped to an aftermarket up/ 3" Down/3" full exhaust and Was beating STI's. All at 6psi.

www.nasioc.com is a good source for most of your needs.

BTW- IMO, UTI wasn't the best choice. But Hopefully you take something away from it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good luck finding one. With the WRX's making a name for subaru. Alot of poor/young people are now trying to find these. My friend was looking for one for a year. And when ever we did find one, it was off the lott or sold privately within the week. Mind you this is Dallas/Ft.Worth area. Good luck, i personally like the looks and think it would be a fun car.

·
Registered
621 Posts
nasioc is a good forum regarding subarus, i would know ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts