Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few weeks ago, i raced my neighbors boyfriends 98 S-10 5 speed. i think he has a v6, and he has loud dual exhausts, clear corners, headlight covers, and way way too many of those damn "chevy" decals. plus he's a prick. anyhow... he was following me on rt 993, (perfect road to race on). on the straight, i noticed he was following way too close, so i dropped down to 2nd and nailed it... he was pretty close up until i hit 60-70. i got up to 110 or so, and let off. he again decided to stick directly to my bumper. then we hit the curves. he faded real quick at this point. i guess i attribute this to my 93 probe gt wheels and tires i got off a friend. these wheels are a lot wider than the stock ones. not to mention the fact that i was running 14s and the probes are 16s. my car may not be that fast in a flat out drag race (come on, its a 4 cylinder), but i've been surprised with the amount of cars i've out-handled. (camaro, mustang, new cougar, civic, etc...)

G

·
Good kill!

That's cool! Many of the trucks these days actually do have some power. However, when it comes to cornering and maneuvering, the MX-6 is up there in the sports car territory. With slalom speeds of 68.8-69MPH and a skid pad of .90Gs, they are considered a peformance car. I've seen a couple of SUVs come pretty darn close to flipping as they skidded around a corner or two trying to keep up with me. The 2.0L is not a slow car by any means, and the handling is all there too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts