Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this kill was done very easily and I'm not real proud of it....

I was cruisin down Girls School Rd. towards 10th street when I see this girl in a cavalier riding my ass.. I hate when people ride my ass. I knew she would try for a pass on me. I didnt panic. She stomped it down and got up beside me.. I kicked the pedal down and grabbed 2nd gear(after she had gotten beside of me). She got about a nose on me before I grabbed 3rd. And WHEN I grabbed third and shot to 80mph I left her behind good.. She looked over and gave me some "nose stuck up in the air" bitch look when I was in 2nd cause she obviously thought she had smoked me.. hahahha!! Wonder how she liked lookin at MX6 brake lights.. arent they pretty??

·
Registered
28 Posts
I dont know man

I raced one on saturday night on the street. This thing had No exhaust but according to him it was stock other than that. He tore me a new one. Now I had a horrible race. When I launched the wheels were turned, my shifter came out of socket, and I accidentally left my lights off (dash lights and all). I would love to race him again but these cars are runnin 2.4l I4's. I dont know what kind of Hp or Tq but if you know I would love to kow.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
"Rally Sport" :)

I bet the marketing geniuses of the cavalier wouldnt know what a "rally" was even if they stumbled into the middle of one and got plowed down by an Imprezza WRX going 120. Gotta love GM. That's what I call:

Faux sport! :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ugh. Way back in the day, the Rally Sport package came on Camaros (I'm talking '67-'69 here) and could be ordered in tandem with the SS package to make a sweet little street terror. Now they slap a few decals and a cheesy spoiler lip on a 120-horsepower Cavalier and roll 'em out to dealers. See what happens when you hire people with NO FREAKING EXPERIENCE IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY to engineer and market cars? :mad: I say we organize a hostile takeover of GM.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joshrea:

Dude are you serious?? I didnt have any problems dusting this one- although this was a rolling race not at a dead stop.. From like 40-60 she was barely ahead of me.. but I didnt even hit the gas until she was up beside me and she was already up in the revs.. Once I hit third I reeled her in an ran away. I'm thinkin she was probably in an ATX.

And as far as specs go I read somewhere that the Rally Sport Cavalier has a 2.2L I4 120HP 130TQ

chris

·
Registered
379 Posts
Joshrea, are ya sure you didn't race a Z24 rather than an RS? The Z24s are the Cavaliers with the 150-horse 2.4...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Like the idiot I am I just saw the Cavalier and assumed Z24. Yes it was a Z24 and it dusted me good. Now I had a horrible launch. Wheels were turned in when I dropped the hammer forcing instant release of throttle. But he had me by a good 3 cars. I wanted to race him again due to bad launch but the damn cops showed up. :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I took out a convertible Z24. It was faster than I thought it would be though. The funny thing is that it was my friend's new car and I didn't know he had gotten it until he followed me to the parking lot and let me know it was him. i thought it was someone pissed off that I cut them off. I always rub in a kill by getting in their lane. It is especially fun when you are behind someone at a light, you both gun it, and you take them out by changing lanes passing and getting back in the lane!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
redeem yourself by finding another z24 and spank it hard! i was beating z24s in my stock 4-cyl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts