Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Seriously, this has been covered hundreds of times. Please search. :damnmad:

You need springs OR coilovers, and struts.

If you get a true coilover (the most expensive option), it includes a strut.

At the other end of the spectrum, you can lower your car the ghetto way with a set of Ebay lowering springs on your stock struts. Don't expect a decent ride by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I will add to what Malicious said. If you are going to lower your car the cheap way (ie ebay springs and stock struts) then I think you're an idiot (no offense)

Your car is 13 years old. Chances are, your stock struts are blown. Putting lowering springs on stock struts (especially cheap ebay springs on blown struts) is never a good idea. You will be eating tires every month, and your alignment will never be right again.

Do yourself a favor: DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! Learn from everyones mistakes, mainly mine. I did what youre talking about at first, and bought a new set of tires once a month for 8 months, and got 3 or 4 front end alignments, and nothing helped. After about $1000 or so wasted, I finally broke down and did it right. Get yourself a set of Ground Control Coilovers, and Tokico Illuminas. thats what I have on my car, and theyre great. You can drop the car further than you will ever want to go, and raise it up higher than stock height (also further than you will ever want to go)

Itll cost about $900-$1000 brand new, but its well worth it. Do it right the first time, trust me. Your wallet will thank you for it. Search around for a used set too. Modifcation to the struts is needed to get the coilovers to work right with them, so be prepared to buy a dremel and spend atleast half an hour with each strut.

Best advice I can give, coming from someone who has been down that road. Whether or not you choose to accept it and use it, is up to you

·
Registered
891 Posts
those are expensive. with that money i would buy other performance parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts