Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
im not sure, it's dark out right now and i don't wanna go looking in behind my door skin.

Is that your driver's side door??? bottom left of the door shell?

there is a light that plugs in to your door for when it opens, but i believe the harness is much smaller.

if i cant find out for you tomorrow, i will check at school in the mazda manual book that lists all the parts :) ill definatly find it then.

David

...actually... takes that spare peice you found lying around and try to stick it in the harness plug... just curious.. like i said, i forget what the bulb looks like...but that spare peice COULD be it... lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i think it might be but i have NO idea where it would plug into.....no the light is plugged in and the harness for that light is a little smaller.....im not sure.....yea if you can find out that would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
:) no prob man, supposed to be nice tomorrow, so maybe ill take a leap into the driveway and take a wee lookie! that is, of course, if someone doesn't answer your question before i do lol

im in auto body, and for the past 2 weeks i've been taking apart cars and re-assembling them...i actually really enjoy it... i took apart a 97 lumina interior today and put it back in...it was interesting.
David

BTW, do you have an RS or an LS??? not sure if the door wiring differs or not, but if you had RS it might lack certain connections IE: power windows, power mirror, power locks etc

although im sure power locks were on all of em?? no idea...anyways...ill let ya know tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
good point, in that case consider me stumped. If it help i have a 93 RS power windows and mirrors, but not power locks, and don't have it at all. Maybe for remote locks? looks like it could go on the back of the lock cylinder?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm i have no idea...the door i had before did not have that....because i got t-boned and had to get a new door...and this door has this thing in it and i have no idea where it goes to....the door did come off of an LS...so i dont know if those have different wiring or what?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
As dumb as this may sound, but are you sure it goes to your 6 and not something else? It doesn't look likr the wiring for the light for the door because I took that apart before although I have an RS how much of a difference can there be. I'm thinking heated mirror, it may not have to run all the way to the mirror it may plug into another plug. Look under your door skin for something it would plug into and follow the wire.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
i'm really thinking it has to do with remote locks, wouldn't have to be long to reach, seems like the perfect area, and looks like it could easily attach to the back of the lock cylinder.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have looked at all the wires and all of them are occupied....i dont think its for the mirrors because heated mirrors have another wire in their own wiring harness....

im pretty sure its for the 6...because its the stock socket and its all concealed with the factory wires as i follow them to the fuse box...as i said before it came off of an LS and i have an RS mx6

Kansas could be right and it could be soethin to do with locks...but im not sure yet...any other way of finding out? it could connect to millions of things...but im leanin towards kansas's idea...it could be a connection to a door lock actuator or something... i dont know....i wish i knew cuz it bugs me everytime i see it lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have the same thing on my 6 its on the drivers side, one of them is for the power locks (the one that has the other half in it) and the other one just sits there taking up space and my heated mirrors work fine so i dunno eather :S

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
ok, so i went outside today to see if i could see what was up...but i didn't even find that on my car.

On the left side of my door i have:
a socket to connect to my door opening mech (where it connect to the door jam)
a socket to go to my power window regulator
a socket to go to my door light in the lower left of the panel...

on the right side, wires run from the power windows to the main stream of wires, my power mirrors to the mirror...and my speaker wires.

If you can get a better pic of the door that would be great. i would like to see the whole panel with all the sockets,. you may have them in different places than me... so i want to do elimination...if not, then i will find out on monday at school.

David

1 - 20 of 33 Posts