Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I THINK I FOUND OUT HOW TO MAKE MY GUAGES SO THAT THE LIGHT WILL REFLECT!(IM GOING TO TRY IT ON SUNDAY AND SEE HOW IT GOES!) OK - WELL SINCE I MAKE STICKERS AND SUCH I HAVE A PLOTTER WHAT THAT DOES IS BASICALLY CUT OUT STICKERS SO WHAT I WOULD DO IS COPY MY GUAGES EXACTLY HOW I WOULD WANT THEM RUN THEM THROUGH THE PLOTTER AND ALL THE NUMBERS AND LINES AND LETTERS WOULD BE CUT OUT! NOW WHAT I WOULD DO IS GO TO WALMART AND BUY A RED CLEAR FOLDER-THEN I WOULD CUT THE FOLDER OUT THE SHAPE OF MY GUAGES AND STICK THE VINIL TO IT-- IF MY THEORY IS RIGHT AT NIGHT THE LIGHTS SHOULD REFLET ON THE PLASTIC AND MAKE LIGHT GO THROUGH THE NUMBERS AND LETTERS!AND IN THE DAY THE NUMBERS SHOULD HAVE A RED LOOK TO THEM-- SO I THINK THIS SHOULD WORK - BUT ILL TELL YOU HOW IT GOES--

HAS ANY ONE HERE ATTEMPTED THIS?

·
Registered
136 Posts
hey.. yeah i was thinking of doing that but never did it cause it would be near impossible to cut out all the numbers precisely with just an exacto knife.. and plus I wanted FULL illumination (like indiglo) so I just did front ligthing..

jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey im trying to do the same thing but i might leave out the stocks for full indiglo...and u can buy blue bulbs for the dash a pepboys...let me know how u make out!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
What about this....

Scan youir gauges like you normally would. Design the gauges in whatever color you want. Then, instead of printing them on a piece of photo paper per say, why not print them on transparency paper? My mother is a teacher and is always printing tranparencies for her classes in our printer. If you have a good lazer printer, you can have the gauges printed out on this clear plastic sheet and it would be just like the aftermarket gauges they sell. Yesterday I went by an inport shop and asked to look at some gauge faces for a civic. I felt the gauges and they were just that, a clear plastic sheet with the white gauges printed on them. I'm hesitant to try this on my own gauges but if someone e-mails me their gauges how they want them to be, I can print them out at my office's 5 thousand dollar Lazer printer on this plastic transparency sheet and see how it comes out. The only thing after that would be cutting them out, but that's th eleast of the problems.

So let me know and e-mail me your gauges. Actually I just need to try out 1 set of gauges. If you want, send me a couple and I'll choose th ebest one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts