Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a FSM that is actually useful for the A/C system?
Like to know whats the ohms clutch should read if good.
I have two compressors, just swapped one because no idea WTF the extra wires are on it. Was cut.
Then on the second I see they're actually connected via connector.
I've tried sending 12v to both, one on the car, and one off the car.
I can't get either one to engage.
Whats the FSM say about the extra wires on these compressors.
Never honestly seen that setup before. Typically Compressors, have Positive to the clutch, and a wire to a ground.
Is there a trick to hot wiring one to force it to kick in?
Both switches one on the dryer, and one on the high pressure line appear good.
Changed a blown fuse, and even swapped a relay just in case.
Pulled vacuum, added one can, and poof 110 psi in the system, compressor should have kicked in. But alas mine won't.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It is a single 12 v power connector, and the other wires are for ground. It sounds like either you have a bad clutch coil, or the wiring is causing enough resistance to not allow enough current to flow. You can test 2 ways.....hot wire to the long wire from the compressor to engage the clutch (sounds like you tried that already).....or take apart the connector that is from the coil to the compressor body, and hot wire the coil to see if the clutch engages then.....if so, then you will know the problem is in the wiring.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Note you are likely talking about the 2 wires that go into the rubber on the top of the compressor. That is a thermo switch which is for if the compressor overheats. They often fail. But not really needed to operate the clutch. If you use the 12v power wire, and make a connector on the other end of it that fits into the connector from the coil, the clutch likely will work and you can operate the compressor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Note you are likely talking about the 2 wires that go into the rubber on the top of the compressor. That is a thermo switch which is for if the compressor overheats. They often fail. But not really needed to operate the clutch. If you use the 12v power wire, and make a connector on the other end of it that fits into the connector from the coil, the clutch likely will work and you can operate the compressor.
Thank You.
I'll give that a try and see if can get the clutch to engage.
That had me confounded, My manuals didn't list or show the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts