Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my a/c compressor kicks in it really makes itself known. The car basically jerks and there is a big power loss. Obviously theres gonna be a power loss, but it seems like my car turns into a four banger. Does anyone experience this? I'd appriciate some feedback.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
When I first got my 95 LS with 55K on the clock, the A/C was barely noticeable when the compressor kicked on. However now with 120K on the clock, the power loss is more noticeable. Now it's to the point where, if I'm going down the highway with cruise control on, I can feel the compressor cycling. It still usually accelerates okay though. The compressor may be showing signs of wear maybe?

Tyson

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
This is a common complaint, and seems "normal" (my 94PGT with 155,000KM on it suffers exactly the same drag and power loss...) though I've never driven a car with A/C where it was as bad as this one is.

As a consequence, I only use A/C on the hottest of days, preferring to use the mix of windows-down, moon-roof open and high-speed to keep cool most days :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts