Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 89 mx-6 DX and there's a hose in the back behind the alternator that looks like it might lead into the cabin that's completely broken and pours water out everywhere. I'm just trying to figure out what hose it is so I can buy the part and replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
completely normal. Its the condensation drain hose. If it didn't drain there it would end up on your carpet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
completely normal. Its the condensation drain hose. If it didn't drain there it would end up on your carpet.
Is it supposed to pour out a lot though? It left quite a big puddle compared to what it normally leaves.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It can be. The only other liquid inside the dash would be coolant from the heater. If that is leaking I don't see it making its way over to the ac drain hose. Usually goes down to the carpet. Plus you would smell even a tiny bit. A lot of ac condensation is normal, deepening on how warm and humid it is. I live in Oregon. So low humidity would mean less water. I used to live in Housing. And yes you would just see the constant drip

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It can be. The only other liquid inside the dash would be coolant from the heater. If that is leaking I don't see it making its way over to the ac drain hose. Usually goes down to the carpet. Plus you would smell even a tiny bit. A lot of ac condensation is normal, deepening on how warm and humid it is. I live in Oregon. So low humidity would mean less water. I used to live in Housing. And yes you would just see the constant drip
I live in Utah so not a lot of humidity but there has been a lot of heat recently

·
Registered
228 Posts
You mention pouring water.....how much water ? And it only happens after you have the a/c on, correct.....no water if the ac is not used ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mention pouring water.....how much water ? And it only happens after you have the a/c on, correct.....no water if the ac is not used ?
I think it's only when the a/c is on. I'll check when I get off work. But it was like a small puddle of water. Bigger than it is the most of the time when it's draining on the ground

1 - 9 of 9 Posts