Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas, i need help with this.

Under the dash on the passenger side (like where your feet would be) theres a rubber tube hanging down that leaks water when i turn my a/c on. Clearly this tube should somehow lead to somewhere outside the car, so I have no idea why its hanging inside.

My only idea to explain this would be that when they were doing my stereo install and they were running wiring through there that for some reason they left this tube hanging on the inside?

Any help?

·
Registered
48 Posts
yes that tube should be on the out side.I really dont think they moved it when doing the stereo though.That tube is to remove the condensation that the ac puts out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, well to tell u the truth ive never taken a dash apart or seen how it is under there. So how can i get this tube leading back outside??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Simple, just open the pass. door and get as far under dash as you
can, then put your hand up there and you'll feel the hole in the firewall that the hose goes thru. Now just stick the loose end of the hose thru the hole. If it still leaks, get a small clamp and put it
over the end where it attaches to the tube outlet. Easy fix...also, you might want to pull the hose off and clean it out to make sure
water flows well......it is a poorly designed system IMO.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, unfortunately i cant look @ my car right now cuz its in the shop.......

But i did see that hole you're talking about. so did my mechanic at mazda. but theres a thick blue wire running through it (from my system) taking up all the room. thats why we figured this had something to do with my stereo install. it would make sense that the people who did my install got lazy and just used that hole for the wire, right?

anyway, maybe we're not talking about the same hole at all, i guess ill have to wait to confirm this when i get my car back in a few weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts