Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cat ran out in front of me and i hit a curb help! Now my front paasener tire and wheel are slanted up so instead of the wheel sitting at 90 degrees standing up straight its not about 60 degress the top facing away from the car If looking at the front of the car. WHat is this going to cost me!!!!???? its on a 1994 celica GT

HELP!

·
Registered
99 Posts
it might

Well if you are lucky you might of just bent you tie rod end....maybe your drive shaft on that side....it all depends on the damage done.....most auto shops can tell you or you just pop that side of the car up and take a look under neith......

ratly

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Neither a tie rod end or broken drive shaft would cause a front wheel to camber out like that. You can remove both those items from your car and the wheel will still stand straight up and down.

Those Celicas have a strut front suspension, and the strut is what keeps the wheel perpendicular to the road. So your strut is messed up for sure. Just hope that the metal where top of the strut mounts to isn't bent, because that would be much dinero.

·
Registered
143 Posts
how to avoid curbs

don't avoid cats, better to hit a stupid cat than a curb... that's my advice... i've already had too many bad experiences with curbs. :(
& how much is it gonna cost? too much.

·
Registered
475 Posts
shoulda hit the god damn cat. I dont like cats.

Perhaps this is the work of the car gods punishing you for ditching the 6....

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I'm thinking strut & lower control arm at the very least. Hope the driveshaft, CV joints, transaxle etc and steering rack is okay.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well as much as I like cats, you should've hit it .. If its smaller than a deer its better to hit it probably.. especially if its a dog- hit it good.. nasty shiteaters..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had an ice slip last winter and bent my strut, control arm, drive shaft and misaligned the engine cradle. It was going to cost roughly $2000 but I talked the dealership mech to source me some used parts for everything but the strut. Brought the price down to 1100. Can't tell it ever happened. Could be different for your car but have them source used parts anyway, it'll save you a bundle. Aside from the strut there shouldn't really be any safety concerns from wear and tear o the other parts. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Astro-Z said:
especially if its a dog- hit it good.. nasty shiteaters..

a place has now been reserved for you in hell....

·
Registered
806 Posts
My animal story...

Not sure about the damage... but after flipping a truck after swerving some dogs that would have made little speed bumps instead of totalling and tearing my leg to shreds, I only swerve or brake for large dogs, deer or bigger. My wife says I speed up for the smaller animals, ahh well...})

1 - 13 of 13 Posts