Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a couple of Civics (same night, not at the same time) last night. They must have had at least 250hp with all the sticker add-ons.

I smoked each bad. They had the exhaust and such. And the 2nd one, who was actually slower than the 1st one, the driver asked me if I had a V6 or something. I just said Turbo.

Then on the way home, I saw a late model Grand Prix (Dang, I'm getting bad about not knowing my year models--maybe they're getting harder to distinguish, or I just ain't paying attention anymore). It was nice, had factory dual exhaust (means the V6), and it was 4 door. AND he actually raced me! It was really about a tie on the first run. He turned around so we could race again--which is cool. WE lined up from about a 5mph roll, and took off. We did this a couple of times, going up to about 100mph (damn I don't like getting that fast ) and he had me a litte, my front bumper just behind his rear door. It was fun!

But I think my '90 model would've whipped him--not by much, but enough to say I won.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's pretty cool that he raced you a couple of times, do you find that you can keep up to average V6's? I raced my friend with a 93 or 94 V6 MX6 and lost although I didn't lose by much. I only lost by not even a full car length. Is that average?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know man, I think my other MX6 would have had about a car length on him.

I'm not as cocky in this MX6 as I was in my 90. I really want to turn up my boost soon. My other one had FlowMaster exhaust, I wonder if that made much of a difference?

Oh yeah, we both turned around 2 or 3 times to race. It was cool. That is unusual--maybe he was wondering why he didn't smoke my a$$. He was probably around 18 years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts