Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my Autometer 4375 A/F gauge. Now, in which O2 sensor I should connect it? My V6 has at least 2 sensor or is it 3? And anyone know about the color of the wire that has to be splitted to have A/F gauge read it?

I want to install it before I install my 255 lph fuel pump so I can see what happens before and after the fuel pump install.

Any help on this would be great

Thanx in advance
Mici

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Depends which one you want to monitor. If you want to monitor the mixture in the right bank, then use that . If you want to monitor the left bank, then use that one. Most people(including myself) like to do it the easy was and just tap into the front O2 sensor since it's easier to reach and tap into. If you'd like to do it the way it should, then you would be tapping into a wire going into the ECU. But. like I said before, hardly anyone will take the time to wrip out their front dash and find the wire to use.

Instead, do yourself a favor and use the front O2 sensor and tap into the BLACK wire. Your O2 sensor should have 4 wires. Just tap into the black wire. And remember, the O2 sensor has to reach normal operating temperature before you'll get a proper reading so don't freak out if the LED just sits there as soon as you turn your car on.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I'll see where I can stick it into... :) Thanx, Jorge.
Mici

1 - 3 of 3 Posts