Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/m.../bc/menace2252000/lst?&.dir=/&.src=bc&.view=t

here are a few more pics of my MX-R SHOGUN.. and a couple of a Ford Probe I found at a car lot.. the guy is selling it for 5500$ cash only... will finance. .but no trades.. so if anyone is in TN. near Knoxville let me know if you wanna look at it... it is hidden at the lot.. otherwise every little 16 year old kid would wanna test drive it.. I have a list of mods to it to.. if anyone wants them....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice Ride

Nice Ride dude.....
White looks good.
IS your 6 dropped at all?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't dropped it yet.. I am going to get the Tokiko shocks.. and the Ground Control Coilovers.. so I can raise and lower it myself.. plus I live in an area where I would bottom out everywhere if it was too low.. and I wan to be able to goto shows and sit it on the ground :) I plan to get my new suspension in a few months.. right now I am working on a new clutch.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
clutchmaster

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the compliments... KEEP THEM COMMING!!!!! :) hearing all these good things makes me move a little faster on getting my car finished... and about the clutchmaster clutch.. anyone know any details on it... thanx....

·
Registered
579 Posts
Am I getting this right? you HAND POLISHED your intake manifold? How did you do that, or rather what did you use? It looks great! Car too of course.. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hand Polished

No.. i hand polished the VALVE COVER.... :)I would like to polish the Intake Manifold.. I just don't have the time to take it out.... ok How I polished the Cover.... I started out with a 1000 grit sand paper and sanded down the cover till it was pretty smooth.. except for the small scratches left by the sand paper.. I then took 2000 grit sand paper and a bucket of water and wet sanded it.. then took Mothers Aluminum Polish and polished the crap out of it... I polish it about once a week and it just keeps getting more and more shiney.. there are a few spots that I have to sand back over and it is very time consumeing.. but I like the way it looks and I am happy with it.. plus it makes me feel good to know that I did that.. and didn't give it to someone else to do. I have tried to do most of the work to my car myself.. it just makes me feel better when I know that I did it....

·
Registered
43 Posts
ErebuniWonder said:
Those pics remind me why I like the looks of our MX6 so much better than the probe.
ummm yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that that is one of the ugliest probes I've seen, does it?
Combat Spoilers and Shogun kits do not belong on a probe, the kit doesn't flow with the body lines at all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
:) thats so cute your car found a mate...

thats right I said cute, wanna make something of it???

as for the probe I never really like a mirror tint, always thought it was ricey. It actually doesnt look too bad on this probe. In fact the probe is kinda hot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
those tokico's...

If you want to get Tokico's (Illumina adjustables) then you might want to check out probetalk. There's a BB going for them by Falkore and he gets the whole set for $410.10 plus shipping... I couldn't even get that low through my distributors at dealer cost! So I should have my set in about 2 weeks... thought I'd let you know... don't know how long he'll be able to get them at that price though, he has a friend who works directly w/Tokico and has the hook-up... BTW, Nicccceeeee Ride man, I like it! ALSO, there's a lot of negative talk about the Centerforce clutch... see the performance section thread by xTSTONEx... he talked to the company and he says what they told him about their clutches...

[Edited by Gene/=/Splicer on 05-17-2001 at 02:09 PM]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: those tokico's...

Gene/=/Splicer said:
.....ALSO, there's a lot of negative talk about the Centerforce clutch... see the performance section thread by xTSTONEx... he talked to the company and he says what they told him about their clutches...

[Edited by Gene/=/Splicer on 05-17-2001 at 02:09 PM]
Thanks for the info, when I had my tranny replaced they said that the clutch was perfect and had nothing to do with the tranny going on me, they also put the wrong tranny in my car, so that shows what they know. What you're saying is my clutch may be the reason behind my tranny probs. hmm

G

·
Even stock, I still prefer the lines of the mx6 over the probe. Don't get me wrong, I can still appreciate the kick-a$$ potential of the probes. But if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the six. But to each his own.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree on the choice of the MX-6 over the Prabe.. my main reason for getting an MX-6 was because my best friend had a probe SE that he was working on and I just wanted to go one step ahead of him and go totally IMPORT.... plus I liked the way the Shogun kit looked on the 6 better then on the Probe.. and I got the kit already.. and he is still working on fixing his Fix Or Repair Daily (FORD) and I am flying by him on mods.. plus it is a year newer and it was faster then his before I did anything to it.. and he had already put a few mods on it.. I just have a littel 4 banger.. but it wil scream.. well.. it will after I get a new clutch.. :)

G

·
Sorry if this is off the subject

Hey Yo'Brotha, I see you swaped out your engine for the ZE. I was thinking about doing that this summer. Do you notice a good sized performance improvement, for the money? Also, if you didn't install it yourself, about how much is it cost in labor and about how long does it take?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts