Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a few problems and i hope i can get some help,

first off

the first start of the day it starts up and most the times idles down and die unless i revv it alittle,

when driveing it when i let off the gas sometime the rpms bounce around and sometimes right to 0 and die but thats more rare,

i know for a fact i have a blown exhaust gasket but the problem with it is exhaust shops dont know what the car the manifold came off of and niether do i jay B never told me

any help with these problems please

G

·
what year? engine?turbo? mods? u say it bounces when you come off the throttle...what happens when u give it gas? hesitation? any noises? whats the manifold look like? does it match up ?
jeff

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 89 dx Fe nonturbo, sds, msd blaster 2 coil.

it revvs smooths mosts the time up to 6grand but sometimes after up to 7 the rpms might jump

the manifold bolted up to the pipe fine the last place that did anything for the gasket modifyed one but it dident last to long as the guy said it wouldent, i started noticing problems like 2 months after i got a gasket thinkin that might be the cause?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not it the manifold to down pipe

·
Registered
476 Posts
is the leak bad? did your fuel economy change?..(if so the o2 isn't accuratly sending a signal to your ecu)..i'd check the iac valve to see if it's clean..and test the iac motor...your best bet bring it to a garage that has a scanner that can be used on that car to see whats goin on

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BillyGnoses said:
is the leak bad? did your fuel economy change?..(if so the o2 isn't accuratly sending a signal to your ecu)..i'd check the iac valve to see if it's clean..and test the iac motor...your best bet bring it to a garage that has a scanner that can be used on that car to see whats goin on

i dont have an o2 sensor i had a diognose test a couple months ago and they found nothing

where is the iac valve and motor btw

·
Registered
476 Posts
you'll find the iac opposite the tps..the motor is the part the harness is connected to, clean the pintle and valve with intake cleaner..even if thats not the problem it can't hurt to clean it, if you find you're lacking power.check the fuel filter if you want to p.m. me and let me know more about your car i'll help you out further if you want

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what does it iac look like and whats the tps again

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Modded FE3

Hey Billy, are ya sure that you're not thinking of the normal F2T ?
JayB may be the only one to know from his mods done to the FE3.

PS,what Billy is describing seems like it may be the ISC/BAC valve. I'm not sure if this could cause runability issues at higher RPM's, as usually it affects the idle when sticking.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: Modded FE3

johniebgoode said:
well i don't see why he would touch the idle at all if he did any programing, and from my experience it is common enough for iac's to get gunked up and not work properly, i can't be there to diagnose it properly myself, so going on what he said i'm just trying to help him out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Re: Modded FE3

johniebgoode said:

PS,what Billy is describing seems like it may be the ISC/BAC valve. I'm not sure if this could cause runability issues at higher RPM's, as usually it affects the idle when sticking.

different manufacturers have different names for it..and i didn't read the part until now about RPM's jumping while high, you are absolutly right about the iac, isc/bac whatever mazda wants to call it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts