Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone could help me out??

I'm having difficulties with my speedometer. When i begin drive it jumps up to 48 mph no matter how fast i might be going, great for getting out of tickets but anoying. When i come to a stop it drops back to zero. The temporary fix is to bang on the dash until it 'jumps' back to normal. Figured it was a bad connection and attempted to tighten the speedometer cable up, but there is no cable, just three wiring harnesses. Unplugged them and plugged them back up (to ensure good connection), but that didn't fix the problem. I think it's in the gauge itself, any suggestions??

Thanks

[Edited by another_mx-6_guy on 10-31-2000 at 07:51 PM]

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
THERE IS ALSO A RECALL ON THE SPEEDOMETER GEARS , I SEARCHED A SITE ONE NITE AND IT SAID THAT THERE IS A RECALL FOR THE 2ND GEN MX6'S AND THAT MAZDA WILL REPLACE THE GEARS AT NO CHARGE, THIS ISN'T A PARTICULAR SAFETY ISSUE BUT IT COULD COST YOU SOME MONEY IN TICKETS, ALSO THERE IS A RECALL ON THE HEADLITE SWITCHES SO JUST TALK TO YOU DEALER, THEY MAY BE RELUCTANT TO RELEASE THAT INFO SINCE THEY WOULDN'T MAKE ANY MONEY BUT GET YOUR FACTS AND GO TO THE DEALER

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I went to yahoo, searched recalls and i went to some site on there and searched my car and thats what it said, so good luck. I havn't went to mazda yet but i'm sure the wouldn't tell you about it unless they have too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts