Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 95 MX6 (duh!) LS.........I have some stock Mazda 6 wheels for it and I wanna know if anyone knows if there is a way to make them fit. I bought them off ebay and cant use them so I wanna see if I can make them fit on my car. They are the 17" 235/45/ZR17 Nitto NT-555!! Bad ass tires but Im not sure what I can do to make them fit on my car.....ANY IDEAS???

Also the other question is: There is a little thing bolted on the the side of the air intake hose with 2 little vaccum hoses running to that. I am sure if anyone know what I am talking about you'll know what it is. I dont know what it is and when I changin the cap and rotor I took the whole air intake assemble off and broke one little vaccum intake closest to the firewall and then I super glued the nipple back on and put a new little hose on there....ok well could that possibly make the car kind of studder on a normal driving rpm, or even make the car run a little rough at idle? cause if so I would like to know what it is so I can replace it.

I just signed up on this site cause I just bought that car and its great!! I love the car and I am really starting to like this site. Very imforative!! I have some more questions but I will put them on a different thread so this one isnt any longer than it already is... haha Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site,

I'm not 100 but about 90% sure the mazda 6 wheels will fit.

The part you mention, being next to the dizzy cap, is one of the vac lines short and connects to the fuel rail ?? if so this is your fuel pressure relief valve, and if the vacuum is not correct could well cause your rough idle, and would definately cause a studder on acceleration. Picture below to help see if we are talking about the same thing .... Oddy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude thanks!!!!! That was exactly what i was talking about!! YOU ROCK!! one thing do you know if it is expensive? hopefully not and not only that I can get it at any part store and not just a dealer part.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
No problem, its what this place is for and all about..

Before you go rushing out to replace it, i assume this judder only started after you damaged this sensor ? .. if so, then you should be able to pick one up at a breakers if they have any 6's, and yes it will be available from dealers.. price i cannot quote .. i'm over the pond in the uk so would not be close to being right.
I also believe you can bypass the sensor for the time being, whilst you search for another. you should also find the problem goes away and will confirm it as being the cause. you have two vac lines.. one from the front head cover to the sensor and from the sensor to the FPR.. remove the vac line from the FPR, and then take the vac line from the front headcover off the sensor and connect it directly to the FPR. Do not remove the sensor, leave it pluged in or you will get a code.
Try it.. see if the fault goes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts