Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i raced my first gen 1 mx6. it was red. dunno what mods it had, and i wasnt expecting him to launch (finding an mx6 that wants to drag in my area is rare). so anyways, he jumps out to 1 car length. by 60km/h we are even. by 100km/h i am 2 lengths infront. so i shut it off. not sure what mods he has.

then im about to go home, and i see these foglights comin up fast on the inside. the light is red and it is an s14 200sx (sr20det, 5speed). he definately had an exhaust. he starts revvin and lookin at me. we both start inching forward. light goes green and i get out to 3/4 of a car. i felt the wheels stop spinning, so i went to grab 2nd gear. BANG, i hit the gate, so i go for it again. BANG, hit the gate AGAIN! i missed 2nd gear twice! he had me by bout 3 lengths by now. by the top of 3rd gear i am 1 car length behind. yeh, i caught up to him. i would have liked to have seen the outcome if i didnt miss 2nd gear............ })

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
raced another 1st gen tonight. he is on the aussie forums known as XsKaPe. i drove it off the line normally (didnt stall it up) and he pulled around a car length on me. caught him by ~110km/h. pulled about 1/2-3/4 car to 130km/h. my boost was at 9psi in second and 11psi in third gear. i was pleased with the result. he was on 10psi (but he thinks his guage is reading 2psi less, and so thinks it is on 12psi) with a 2.5inch turbo back exhaust t28 turbo from a skyline and a hks external wastegate w/screamer pipe. do you think i done alrite? i also have a 2.5inch turbo back exhaust, hi flowed turbo. im also running ****ty oil in my car as i have an oil leak (dont want good oil going to waste.) so i was changing at just over 5000rpm. oh, i also had a passenger, he didnt.

it was funny when the lights went amber just b4 we raced. we were both going hard, and both braked hard. i just stopped in time and he stopped in the middle of the intersection! had a good laugh about it.

what does everyone think?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tell me about it. and i was giving my mate **** about missing second gear earlier that night! then i go and miss it....TWICE! oh well, what goes around comes around twice as hard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts