Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which car do you think will win in race a 3000gt or a 4v mx6. GUYS HELP ME!! is there a way for my 4v mx6 to beat a 3000gt? how do i need to hook it? what do i use?? super charge? turbo charge? HELP!! I need to beat this 3000gt! thanks!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
3000GT

In my opinion a 4v (in good condition) can easily take a 3000gt....only not off the line. W/ some minor mods (underdrive pully, air induction) I think you can do it no sweat. Then again, I'm new at this (but I hate 3000gts) saw one at lunch today w/ 4 exhaust pipes, but only 1 of them had anything coming out of it. I guess living in Chicago makes it easy to spot a fraud. It's snowing today!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to break it to ya, but the 3000gt is a much more sophisticated sports car than the mx-6, four cylinder or otherwise. An underdrive pulley and forced-air will not give you what you need to take a 3000gt off the line or at high speeds. You will need a full setup to even compete. That includes intake, headers, cat-back, competition clutch, maybe a turbocharger, or better yet a klze engine. An underdrive pulley couldn't hurt but i think they're overrated anyway.

Hmmm, just realized that the experience I have with a 3000gt is with my friend's VR4, which is the top level of that model...I dunno about the base 3000gt but I suspect that even that would tear a four cyl. mx-6. If anybody has any autocross experience with both of these cars I'd be interested to hear.

[Edited by _bullet_ride_ on 11-16-2000 at 05:13 PM]

·
Registered
154 Posts
My friend has a stock 3000gt. Its pretty quick but i think my car can hang with it, mine is a 6cy with a catback exhuast and air intake. I can also drive a lot better then him...lol....but i dont think a 4cy has much of a chance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
my friend has a base 3000 gt the 96 model when it was 212hp. But his is auto. I smoked the S*** out of him. all I have on my car is a k&N filter instead of the box. my other friend has a base model prelude auto. I think it was like 135 or 145 hp. But he smoked him too. but the vr4 is the car that would stomp us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts