Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen a jdm center console? Well, I'm picking one up next week. they are pretty cool cause they have two compartments and two cup holders too. Tell me what you think.

Heather

·
Registered
205 Posts
Are you sure that is jdm only? It looks identical to the one in my car. It's got the two compartments and the cupholders, although I wouldn't recommend using the cup holders if the car is moving...

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Thats not JDM, thats just a factory option! Look in the old brochures for the MX6 and you'll find those in there as an option. There was an MX6 at a local dealer not long ago with that in it...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
dont think its jdm!
my car is jdm! the whole thing ! and doesn't have anything like that!!! ive seen many jdms and non had anything like that either!!

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL....well, I'm glad to know its not just a jdm part. the only other time I have seen one was on ebay and it was described as jdm. I thought the same thing about the cup holders, but it is different and did come out of a japanese car...so I can call it a jdm part if I wanna....lol...I hate to hear that it ends up bothering you, unbound, but I cant pass it up considering all of the sixes I have seen and never not one having one of these. Either way I guess it is rare....kinda like my lip spoiler.

Heather

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Heather said:
LOL....well, I'm glad to know its not just a jdm part. the only other time I have seen one was on ebay and it was described as jdm.
Yeah they tag that on anything different to get a sale...
i.e Stainless steel door sills are not ONLY JDM, they are on M-editions and every sellers lists them a JDM

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
i would bump my elbow into the armrest every time i shifted into second/fourth! :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think thats a great find, I personally like it just like Heather metnioned that no one else has it. I like the cup holders, I would cut out the cup holder to make a hole in it, but not all the way through, but enough to have the cup or cans or w/e to stay in better and have a rubber ridge for extra grip. Just an idea...

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks mx-six, I like it too and good idea on the cup holder and trent, it is kinda big looking. We will see how big it really is when I get it in.

Heather

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
It would be straight, if you were parking and eating..

·
Banned
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you look at it the bottom half of it is the same as the stock one. the only difference is the top "cap" it is much larger because it has a compartment in it where as our regualar one is just a lid.

Heather

·
Registered
567 Posts
yea my friend had one of those on his car and it sure as hell wasnt jdm. imo i like the smaller regular arm rest better, cuz that thing is HUGE.
but if u like it, thats all that matters :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts