Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do they all have in common? They all got smoked. (except for the neon) The Daytona ES was clean and I expected a much better race than it gave me (stoplight to stoplight 0-60 race I had about 5 or so car lengths at least)
The Lebaron was a V6 four door (haha). The lebaron driver comes flying up behind me (in a 40mph zone) and started swerving back and forth behind me (does he think this is Nascar? Is he trying to keep heat in his whitewalls?) Anyway, I was doing 45 at least so this guy ticked me off. He punches it and tries to pass me.. I waited until I could see his front fender (and that scary V6 badge) in my side window and I punched it.. 2nd gear.. 60, 3rd gear.. shot up to 80 real quick- and the lebaron was gone. The guy had to the nerve to try another pass 1 mile down the road going downhill (guess he figured his car could have a better chance that way..)
The Explorer was just plain funny.. Some angry soccer dad trying to race everyone on the road.
Then after all this and I'm about home, I hear what sounds like an angry bumblebee a few cars ahead of me.. after a few more stop signs I end up behind it.. Its a late 90's neon, nothing to fancy except dual exhaust and some wheels.. This guy was dogging the hell out of that car.. I think he had a shift kit and clutch too because he was grabbing 1st to 2nd real good. At the final stop sign he took off hard, and I did a rolling stop to take off with him.. I had him in 1st and 3rd easily but we never got a chance to race because he ducked into his neighborhood..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sweet kills... haha stupid neons. Pretty sweet car you got there, is that a homemade intake? Just curious cuz u see the foils.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my macgyver'd intake

In that picture was my early setup with 3" dryer duct. I took my intake apart the other day and cleaned the filter & MAF. I also inserted the IAT sensor into the blue 3" intake piece (drilled a hole and super-glued) . I removed the dryer duct because it was getting torn up hanging out the bottom of the car. I'll probably get a 3" Mighty Flow hose from Autozone and put a scoop on one end and hang it out the bottom and a flare on the other end and point it towards the filter. I also removed the resonator box from the under the intake elbow and plugged it. I'd like to find a chrome intake elbow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts